Contact advertising [email protected]

Can someone help me I have 8gb ram but it's saying 4gb usable

D

Dru Johnson

That's your problem.

M

Mike Neo Williams

What kind of question is tht lol it doesn't matter if they in different slots it would still see the 8gb of ram of usable in windows if it was 64 bit the only down side not having it in the right slot is it won't go dual channel

J

Jordan Barnes

So what should I do?

M

Mike Neo Williams

Install windows 10 64 bit tht will sort it

J

Jordan Barnes

I'll give it a try thank-you

M

Mike Neo Williams

32bit only sees four gig any higher and u need 64 bit and plus as long as ur CPU is 64 bit but u have no problems with tht as it says 64 bit CPU on screen so it fine

D

Dru Johnson

Mike Neo Williams it says he has a 64 bit os

M

Mohamed Soliman

My god not this problem again, i had it before, just remove the memory sticks from the board and place them again, maybe try other slots. Try this before anything else.

J

Jordan Barnes

I've already tried that

N

Neil Ryze

Soliman is right. Some slot isnt read it well when u have 4 slots and use only single channel. Try to use slot number 2 count from near cpu socket.

J

Jordan Barnes

I only have 2 slots

M

Mohamed Yakoubi

Whats the name of your motherboard?

J

Jordan Barnes

K

Kane Hewson

Try one stick at a time and see what happens

J

Jordan Barnes

I've tried one stick at a time and they both work

K

Kane Hewson

Id try going to microsoft website and get the media creation tool, make a freash copy of windows on a usb and do a freash install but keeping your personal files. Pretty much last resort and if that doesnt work Id probly say its a hardware problem somewhere

S

Sajjad Ahmed

Goto "run" type
msconfig

Goto boot tab

Then

Click on advanced options and check maximum memory options and in form write
Click ok and restart your system this should solve

M

Mike Neo Williams

God how many more times he's got 32bit system installed tht is why it's only seeing 4gb although it says 8 GB installed so both ram slots are being seen its the os that is the problem nothing more

C

Clifton D Endicott

This is the onboard video of your mother board reserving ram, if you are using a dedicated GPU you can disable it via BIOS and you would have all 8gb

M

Mohamed Yakoubi

read this bro

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom