Contact advertising [email protected]

Can anyone help me? cause last time i was able to use 8gb ram. now its only 3.21gb...

• Thread starter Maverick Mavs Ramirez Aranas
  • Start date
M

Maverick Mavs Ramirez Aranas

Can anyone help me? cause last time i was able to use 8gb ram. now its only 3.21gb useable. already tried unchecking the box from the msconfig. anything else?

F

Filipe Martins

32 bit os

F

Filipe Martins

Probably you dedicated much ram to you igpu check bios and search something like igpu ram

M

is this it?

F

Filipe Martins

No in the bios of your system

J

Jeffrey Rigby

You are using a 32 bit windows 7 change to x64 problem solved

J

Jeffrey Rigby

your ram is faulty or you have the ram dims in different slots put them in the right slots if there is 2 white and two black make sure you use the ones close to your prosessor

J

Jeffrey Rigby

the dims go in the same colour slots

K

Kyol Hodgson

VGA allocation in the BIOS

S

Shanmugam Krishnan

if u have more confusion try linux live boot from USB n check RAM usage if still 3GB sure hardware problem or 8GB usage its will ur software/windows problem... simple basic troubleshoots...:) good luck...

S

Shanmugam Krishnan

what is ur motherboard model buddy...

L

Luke Brown

A few people have already said - but I'll re-confirm.. You're allocating that missing memory to your APU .. It is an option in the BIOS. Essentially acting in the place of VRAM which a GPU would have, the APU's GPU (built in) has to rely on your system memory - and steals it. You can allocate less .. or more..

A

Andrew Delaney

You sure it's 64bit windows? As sounds to me like your only running 32bit and that won't recognize that much

A

Alan Clancy

It is the apu using shared gfx. In other words it is dedicating you memory for use as gfx vram rather than inboard memory. The joys of using integrated laptop gpu

M

Thanks guys. Will check everything.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom