Contact advertising [email protected]

Switch ARMS AND SPLATOON REVIEWS With the free content rollout strategy Nintendo is using...

D

Derek Beattie

ARMS AND SPLATOON REVIEWS
With the free content rollout strategy Nintendo is using with Arms following the stellar Splatoon on Wii U, what do you all think about the review scores for these games?
I distinctly remember Splatoon getting some low scores at launch potentially souring some gamers, however Splatoon at launch vs the Splatoon now has an unreal amount of additional content, and it is safe to say, many of the review scores would be much higher if reviewed now as opposed to bsck then.

Now what about Arms? This same strategy is being used here, and I already see some review scores coming in, and while still good scores (70-75), the reviews mention that the game has a very solid foundation but they look forward to the updates coming soon.

Do you think this strategy might actually bite Nintendo a bit? Or do we as Gamers now understand the content rollout strategy that created the massive success of Splatoon 1, and not base our purchases off of a score at launch?

Any thoughts? Happy gaming!

M

Marcel Negrete

I think this case is very subjective from game to game. If the game is feature heavy already (like ARMS) then it can be a really good thing. However, releasing a product that is not really complete and instead completing it with content rollouts isn't very cool. With ARMS I'm 100% okay with it and actually excited about it. Free content upgrades are always welcomed

S

Sean Wefers

I honestly dont care about the ARMS reviews. I played it and thoroughly enjoyed it. I am more undecided on Splatoon 2.

J

Jimmy McKee

PBG loved ARMS

D

Derek Beattie

Peanutbuttergamer?

I

Isimi Oyekunle Mark Taiwo

the initial content is substantial for me,enough to keep me busy and the gameplay has a surprising amount of depth..sure when you understand the fighting system and get skilled it becomes routine but realm every other fighter is a routine,so that is not a factor.sp when people say it gets boring quick..i ask which fighter doesn't get boring after a certain length of play with the expectation of smash(I don't know how they do it) I understand why most reviews are in the 7-8 rating..to give room for the future dlc and balancing.

C

Cameron Hale

With arms I feel like there's plenty of content in the game to make it a full game as is. and yeah whatever extra they bring out definitely boost it up. I've seen some scores as high as 80 for Arms. though since arms does have so much as is, any extra content I feel would hardly affect the score. Splatoon on the other hand was world's different and it may have sucked for those that got the game right away I'm hoping Splatoon 2 has more right off the bat but the finished game of Splatoon one is way different and deserves a whole new review.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom