Contact advertising [email protected]

Switch A serious point RE: the rumored #NintendoDirect Prior to New Year, the longest we...

• Thread starter Jonathan Jurczak
  • Start date
J

Jonathan Jurczak

A serious point RE: the rumored #NintendoDirect

Prior to New Year, the longest we went without seeing a new post on either the Nintendo Switch or Nintendo facebook pages was maybe 4 days.

Besides the New Years post on the Nintendo main page, they've posted NOTHING since Christmas. This is not negligence. This is deliberate.

We may not be getting Pokemon or Metroid, but they have a whole ARSENAL of things they could announce: virtual console, the date for the online service, No More Heroes 3 demo or release date, a Rockstar port (RDR remastered or GTA V), more Bethesda support, Animal Crossing, Kirby or Yoshi release dates or demos, a possible Mario Maker for Switch, 3rd party Wii U ports, more Capcom collections coming over, Mother 3 (rumored to be ready to go), Octopath Traveler info, more mobile games, a virtual tsunami of 1st party IP's they could resurrect, new 3rd party announcements from companies that are still pledging support, NOT TO MENTION a date for a separate indie showcase.

They're planning something. The suspense is deliberate, and I think the intent is to make everyone jump on it when it shows up.

... then there's that damn Talkatoo on Twitter...

E

Emily Bosman Eling

Am I moron...was Kirby's release date 12/17 and then it changed to 12/18 on Amazon? I pre-ordered thinking we'd have it the week after Christmas. I think a family member gave it as a pre-order gift as well. Was it always 12/18?

I

Isabella Hale

Yeah I don't get why people think we are getting a new pokemon for the switch this year with a brand new battle system. Nah. That takes years. If we get it this year, it won't be a new gen, it will be a spin off like pokemon snap. I don't know where all this rumors started from. But this direct will mainly be talking about the new yoshi and Kirby game. With very few new surprises. I heard from a friend they might announce a new IP. I couldn't help but laugh. No, we aren't. Lol that's E3 material.

J

Jonathan Jurczak

Not to mention... that Talkatoo graphic could be teasing Odyssey DLC.

E

Erin Joshua Ramos

Whats the talkatoo graphic?

J

Jason James Grubb

Giving timing when it DOES happen I have a feeling that the online service will get a front seat given its the 1st quarter of the new year that we're expecting it

H

Henry Alvarez

Bayonetta

J

Jonathan Jurczak

The Talkatoo graphic. And it's ONLY on their NoA Twitter.

J

Jonathan Jurczak

Posted it a few days back, and retweeted it again today, I think.

M

Matt Van Lew

I'm hoping for dark souls

J

Jonathan Jurczak

Some speculation from the graphic: see the cutoff FE at the bottom? Folks started speculating Tokyo Mirage Sessions for Switch. ;)

The number of notches on the building behind him are one and eleven. 1-11. Some folks are getting straight-up conspiratorial.

A

Aiden Versteeg

New smash

J

Jace Young

I'm really hoping we learn more about pikmin 4.

P

Paul Rod

wait for E3, thats where the juicy stuff comes

J

Josh Brinton

Nintendo's Twitter has posts going up like every hour. And that's for all the accounts (UK, Europe, America etc.)

M

Mario Rex Ferrara

The hype is palpable. The silence is definitely deliberate and Nintendo have become the best at creating buzz like this. That said, if I don’t get an announcement by 8am tomorrow I’m gonna freak out lol

J

James Sims

I've heard about the 5.0.0 System Update having things like spotify, netflix etc, Party based chat and cloud storage but it is a rumour

H

Haaris Naeem Dar

I want pokemon

K

Kevan Bennett

I personally need more info on when project octopath is releasing. Its a matter of my mental health at this point ever since that demo came out.

C

Carlos Bravo

January 11th

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom