Contact advertising [email protected]

wondering if anyone can help.. .bought a hp omen has i5 7400 and gtx 1060 3gb gpu...

T

Tim Wolfe

wondering if anyone can help.. .bought a hp omen has i5 7400 and gtx 1060 3gb gpu thinking of upgrading just what I want like motherboard and would like gpu and maybe the 1060ti. anyone think this is possible while still using the same tower. also can anyone tell me how I determine what powersupply I have and suggestion on what I might need

N

Nitin Misra

Sure it’s possible. Just make sure the form factor for your motherboard is supported by your case.

N

Nitin Misra

Your power supply will have a product label on it somewhere that will tell you what the output power is

N

Nitin Misra

Can I ask why you want to upgrade the MB? Why not just upgrade to the 1060ti and call it a system

T

Tim Wolfe

nitin.. really no other reason other than its facorty..... and david I apologize I meant the 1080 ti

N

Nitin Misra

Wait sorry, what’s going to be the bottleneck? Not the processor.

Personally I wouldn’t worry about upgrading the MB unless the current one can’t do something you want to do

N

Nitin Misra

Omen only had 8gb RAM, right? I’d upgrade to 16gb over upgrading the MB

T

Tim Wolfe

yea only 8 .

T

Tim Wolfe

so leave the mb alone, upgrade by gpu and psu... what about the cpu is that fine for nhow with the other upgrades

N

Nitin Misra

You may not need to upgrade the PSU either. Start with the 1080ti and upgrade memory to 16gb.

T

Tim Wolfe

ok thanks guys I appreciate it ...

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom