Contact advertising [email protected]

With all this mining going about, is it still worth gaming on pc if you're on a...

D

David Ramirez

With all this mining going about, is it still worth gaming on pc if you're on a budget?
I feel like gpu prices are not gonna go down as long as there is digital money to mine.
The new Xbox one x is a pretty sweet deal at $500.
I spent a lil over $700 on my rig and it cant play 4k. My specs are:
Ryzen5 1600
SSC 1050ti
2x8gb ram
1tb hd
960 evo 250gb

A

Abdul Hafiz

Gtx 1080 ti for 4k

L

Logan Koeth

I will pay $700 for a gpu before I ever go back to console. Sorry you get what you pay for. Pc is forever my home

L

Logan Koeth

And Gti 1080 ti's can be found for $650 if you look at local stores

A

Adil Yacan

The Xbox One X absolutely cannot play games at 4K. Also, if your goal was 4K for ~$700 then why did you get 32GB of ram, an M.2 250GB, and a R5 1600/1050TI combo?

To play near 4K settings for ~$700 I would recommend splurging the most on the GPU.

R3 1200
GTX 1060
12 GB RAM
1TB HDD

D

Devan DeShong

I don't understand the question. What does mining Bitcoin have to do with this?

M

Marcus Dean Adams

I bought an overclocked MSI RX 480 brand new in January for like $200. That exact card is either out of stock, or $600+ for the RX 580 version. I could not build this PC now for what I paid for it originally. I'm really glad I built it when I did, but I feel for the people who "waited for Ryzen" to start picking parts for their build. The GTX 1060s were really bad for a while and they're coming back down though, so maybe AMD users will catch a break, but it seems like AMD cards are really popular with crypto currency miners, so I doubt it, :-(

To the OP, think about all the other advantages to your rig though. You have access to a MUCH larger library of games, free online play, unrestricted (mostly) modding, and the XBone X isn't "really" a 4k gaming machine either, that's mostly just marketing hype. Developers are already coming out and admitting they're upscaling 1080p or 1440p with anti-aliasing to a 4k signal because it's just not powerful enough to do native 4k with most games and still hold a decent framerate. You like a controller? Use one. Like a keyboard and mouse? Use that. Want to use an Atari 2600 joystick to fly the planes in Battlefield 1 but a keyboard/mouse for everything else? You can do that too. There's SO many advantages to PC gaming besides the availability of powerful hardware.

D

David Yanelli

Don't listen to all these bitter people complaining about consoles... I have pc and PS4 pro and it plays 4k games really well. Admittedly not as good as my 1080ti but when you're talking $1200AUD for a gpu like mine, and that's just the gpu by itself and compare it to a $600AUD console there really is no argument that it's a pretty sweet deal

G

Gilang Saputra

Wich Budget Gamer plays their game at 4k High ? Do you consider the pricw of the monitor itself ?

H

Henry Bret Henry

Get into margin trading your mined alt cion/bitcion. I make 3 times what my miners make flipping coins on the open market.

R

Robert Owens

Gt 1030 can run your games for $70, medium settings maybe. Low settings for sure.

B

Benjamin Lacy

The Xbox can't play at 4k either. Welcome to reality

C

Connor Ayton

Just use that xbox money on a new graphics card.

N

Nj Hatake

They say 4k 60 fps... mmmkk. But 4k EXTREMLY LOW MODIFIED GRAPHICS TO LOW 4k

S

Sascha Krohn

soon theyll hack consoles to mine on those too, wonder if thatll bring up prices or just result in empty store shelves :D

P

Preston Thomas

Fuck 4k its not beign widely used at the moment. My rig cost around £500 to build and i can get 1080p 60fps from about 99% of the games. It dont have to be expensive if you look in the right places

J

Joshua Widmer

Xbox one x is trash

N

Nikos Antonopoulos

And you think thay the one x can do 4k?? Bitch please

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom