Contact advertising [email protected]

Switch Why doesn't anybody come up with new IP ideas instead of wanting the same game ported...

J

Joaquin Mojica

Why doesn't anybody come up with new IP ideas instead of wanting the same game ported over systerm after system? I get the nostalgia value,but from one gen to the next is such a short time gap for nostalgia. I understand WiiU failed and that's fine to port those games over to switch, but a lot of other suggestions like B- list wii games, are just ridiculous. This is why Skyrim won't die.

C

Charles Feasenhiser

Tbh Skyrim is one of those games thst gives players complete control, and that freedom to do almost anything is why it won't die.

F

Freya Noble

Because there is an actual demand for consule games to be ported to a handheld. They also did state that while they developed games for the switch itself, they were going to slowly add ports and indie games to grow the systems gallery. Nintendo and companies that work with games on their systems take their time producing good quality games and not just shitting out games that don't last. It's only been out a year and this year we do expect more switch unique games, but it will also fill the demand for Indies and ports in between switch launches. Quit bitching.

S

Simon J Hillan

I have said the same thing...

R

Ryne Santos

The last numbers released was 15 million sold. Wii U was 13 million. Assuming 2/3 of the 15m bought both, that's 6 million getting their first taste of games now getting ported. Nintendo owes you nothing and are a business. They want to make money, remember that.

S

Santiago Alonso

Because these people are followerz not leaders, and there is nothing you could change or do that will change their mindset, unlike me im a fucking leader !!! Btw anybody know when they porting smash bros to the switch?

M

Mario Rex Ferrara

You want people to just come up with new IPs? People don’t know what they want until you show them.

S

Stormy Watts

I wish Skyrim would die, I feel like the guy at the party that's been there all night and new people come at the end when it should be winding down and want to keep partying

S

Stormy Watts

Now we have to wait two games before Bethesda does ES6

J

Jeff Clark

Labo is new IP and look how that went over with a lot of people

S

Santiago Alonso

Oh and i have many new ips ideas if you can fund me, i need only 1000000$ you can send it to my cash app that i just downloaded so im able to send money to my gurlfriend in south africa ,(her uncle abuses her, but dont tell her i told you)

D

Darren Roberts

Nobody watches this community regardless. So new IPs or not will make no difference to the release schedule

J

Jonathan Jurczak

Skryim is hardly a B-list game, though.

J

Jonathan Jurczak

I'm having trouble understanding this.

You want people to demand new IPs that they don't know about yet? Like... you're demanding new things in general? Or, you want people to eagerly anticipate a specific IP that they couldn't know they want because they have not played it yet?

B

Becky Lattof

Nintendo came up with new IP and makes creative new games using older ones in different ways, while also porting older games to newer devices because people want to play them. They're also encouraging greater growth of third party devs on the Switch the more ports they make. They're even encouraging incredible indie growth on the console. Basically, success of the console leads to newer IP in the long run, and that includes the ports you don't want (because someone else does or they wouldn't be made). Everything has a purpose, whether it makes you happy or not.

G

Gregg Cerenzio

I don't follow this moaning at all. Their are 100's of millions of people, who don't own ANY CONSOLE.... only a few million who actually do, many of which never own one platform or another, never owned one game or another. There are WAY more people who have never played a certain game, than those who HAVE. Everyday, new gamers get their 1st console. Everyday, they play a console, and games, for the 1st time. All of these well made games, will have a place for those people, this gen, next gen, and gen's 10 years from now. For those new gamers, AND older games, as well, for different reasons. That said, I don't even remotely trust your opinion of a "B-" game, AND, I've never played Skyrim.... So, why on earth should it DIE, just because YOU don't want to play it? Silly Wabbit.

J

Jonathan Jurczak

I mean, Nintendo just gave us ARMS. And now Labo. Xenoblade and Splatoon are both relatively new. Rumor is Mario Maker is getting a sequel.

SquareEnix is developing OctoPath just for Switch. Namco is giving us new exclusives, including a new Tales. Platinum is giving us Bayonetta 3. Lord knows what SEGA is working on.

I'm with Gregg Cerenzio here. You're irked because games that millions of people sunk years of their lives into are being ported, even if they're years old. But clearly, they're quality titles. That's why they've been so successful.

Case in point: millions of Switch owners want GTA V.

A

Anthony Franco

Bruh these are Nintendo fans bro... come on. Nintendo has been pushing the same ip since 1985 son.

C

Cliff White

I think at this point people are wanting to have these full games ported to enjoy paying anywhere. That’s a niche Nintendo has hit hard with switch owners. I see a lot of people saying they enjoy the portability of older titles. I know I enjoy it.

Z

Zachary Glatt

Everyone wants new IP’s but there isn’t much of a discussion to be had about wanting new IP’s unless you’re actually looking for pitches?

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom