Contact advertising [email protected]

When i built my pc this is how much i put on..was it too much? My pc runs hot like 80c

• Thread starter Traviz Birdsong Breisch
  • Start date
T

Traviz Birdsong Breisch

When i built my pc this is how much i put on..was it too much? My pc runs hot like 80c

R

Rahin Rahman

thats kinda normal since normally after pasting the thermal paste it spreads out and matches the cpu bt you shud check ur fans if ur cpu runs hot

A

Ashutosh Shukla

Yes,put a cross like shape of thermal paste on cpu and spread it.

T

Traviz Birdsong Breisch

Would this cause over heating?

L

Lewis Kiltie

Either a pea sized circle right in the middle or a thin line about 1.5cm long. Do NOT spread it

C

Casey Bryant

How long ago did you put the thermal paste on it? Because after so long it can dry out and cause overheating

S

Shams Amin

Yess this is the cause

Y

Yan Andrukhov

nah you need to replace that thermal paste

Y

Yan Andrukhov

looks dry af

Y

Yan Andrukhov

dont worry about overdoing thermal paste, it doesnt really affect temps much

T

Traviz Birdsong Breisch

#roastmypaste

Y

Yan Andrukhov

just make sure you dont overdo it to the point where its oozing off your cpu lmao

T

Tobias Lysgaard

Dont. Ever. Spread.

J

Jay Mert

bro its not toast why did you butter it like that? Just use the size of a pea or an "x", don't spread it thin or at all. And as long as it isnt conductive TECHNICALLY (within reason) you can't use too much. As long as you aren't you know, retarded.

T

Tyler Ishee

bruh

K

Kevin Hughes

I allways put a pea sized amount on the cpu centre, then I put cling film or a plastic bag over my finger and even it out. never had any problems

D

David Denberry

A rice grain sized dot in the middle is enough, I don't know why people feel the need to spread it... It's not thermal adhesive.

D

Diego Morales Rivero

Use toothpaste

R

Ron Barchuk

A pea sized dot in the centre is all you need. I like to do an x which is viable too but don't take it right to the edges and keep it thin. A little goes a long way.

B

Brandon Hicks

Suppose to put the same amount as a thumbnail on a toddler. Just enough to transfer heat.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom