Contact advertising [email protected]

PC Trying to host a dedicated server for my husband and I to play on but I need help with...

D

Deana Gibbs

Trying to host a dedicated server for my husband and I to play on but I need help with port forwarding, I've never done this before! Any help is appreciated :)

L

Lucinda Heitmanek

download Simple Port Forwarding
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

D

Deana Gibbs

so here is my second question... We have 2 ps4's both w ark on them. I cannot find the server on my console. Is it not possible to host as a pc for console???

L

Lucinda Heitmanek

oh, boy, i have no idea how that works, but i hear other people doing it. i only do PC, but i have the same problems with those sometimes too, and all i know is the whole system of running a private server is way erratic - sometimes it's smooth, sometimes i have problems (like it was running fine yesterday?! LOL). last time i couldn't get on mine for days (but my daughter could on her computer), i finally turned off the firewall on the host computer completely, and that solved it. try just turning off the firewall, if that works, then you know that it's a firewall issue and not a port forwarding issue. my issues are more related to the fact that i'm playing the game on the same computer i'm hosting with, and that gets touchy.

D

Deana Gibbs

i just want to use the PC as a host for our consoles. I donht want to play on pc. How do i turn off firewall?

L

Lucinda Heitmanek

on windows10, click on the little shield looking icon in your system tray. that's the windows defender security system. if you're using a different anti-virus that manages your firewall, you might have to go thru that.

D

Deana Gibbs

and turn it completely off? private and public?

L

Lucinda Heitmanek

afraid so. just kill it long enough to see if you can actually find ur server with the consoles. if you can't, then firewall isn't the problem and you should turn it back on. if you can see ur server, then the firewall is blocking the communication. you might need to find someone who knows how consoles work for PC hosted servers to find out what exceptions you should input, cuz i have no idea there.

D

Deana Gibbs

think maybe someone will stumble aupon this post and help?? lol

D

Deana Gibbs

ill try first thing when i am home in a couple hours. thanks a ton!!

L

Lucinda Heitmanek

have you tried cross posting it in
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

D

Deana Gibbs

the only other groups im in are specifically for ps4, i honestly just assumed i would not find out much information from them. But i will cross post to the group you just shared.

L

Lucinda Heitmanek

i've seen the topic come up there from time to time, so i know there are people there who are dealing with it. Good luck! i run 3 servers with my daughter, so i know you'll have fun when you get it solved :)

S

Senne Cauberghs

Survivalservers.com cheap and GREAT support

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom