Contact advertising [email protected]

Switch The thing I don't understand is why doesn't nintendo just give access to its backlog...

D

Dan Phillips

The thing I don't understand is why doesn't nintendo just give access to its backlog of games.. people already do this via emulation on their pcs. It can't be hard and it would trump the market. Imagine having access to 100s of games on the go via your portable console. People are already ready doing it so why don't they wake up to this? I won't buy Kirby for the gameboy again. If I wanted to play it that bad I'd whack some batteries in my gb but if it was available on the switch in a job lot app I'd happily select it and play again. It wouldn't cost a lot for them to do and I've no doubt it's actually costing more doing it via the individual drip feed they seem to think works. Am I being stupid or is it a valid point? Surely once you emulate one game the rest become easier?

A

Alexander Rodenburg

i just want to know what nintendo (and all consoles/developer) get out of NOT doing it.
like you say, there are ALREADY emulators for everything, they could literally buy an emulator off someone for a few hundred thousand bucks and be done with it.

i wonder if its a licensing thing. but even then, the backlog of exclusives owned by each console would be more than good enough

D

Dan Reid

They had them for the Wii and Wii U. They'll definitely come, just give it time. Most likely in September when their online service goes live.

J

Jonah Carlson

A

Abdul Sater Wafai

What you said is absolutely right , in my humble opinion Nintendo are milking their faithful fans and that’s it , they will bring this games as ports and they expect lots of money for that !!!!

D

Dylan Averitt

I believe the most exciting stuff Is being held back until the online service is available. There has been talks of a Netflix type system for there older games. But my thought is it won't run well the way there online is set up. All of this was supposed to be out already but they keep backing it up. Maybe cause the system is doing well with out it. So come this September when online drops the holiday season will see the system running at full capabilities (voice chat, netflix, back catalog, Internet browser, ect.) And then some holiday releases that take advantage of these new features. Smash, Pokémon, fortnite.

D

Dan Phillips

Imagine that! Playing some ssb 64 while chatting away to your friend playing mk:super circuit.. if only

D

Dylan Averitt

I think that is there plan but I wouldn't count on ssb 64 to come out any time near there new smash game. Just like the way they have always done there vc it will only be select games coming out on random occasions. But yes it will come and be a game changer.

G

Gary Nolan

You don’t understand how much money it would cost them to set up a server dedicated to that and how taxing it would be on the hardware

J

John Sanchez

Politics

J

John Sanchez

They would have to resecure the rights. Thats why they release the old school nintedo

D

Dylan Averitt

Gary Nolan isn't that what is planned. With there services comes them setting g up there owns servers and the system was built with that in mind they only have been hinting and talking about it since the release of the system.

N

Nathan Bisbo

because the indys get sales when folks aren't playing SMB for the 90th time

C

Chloe Sian Filbee

Because they’re only going to give them to us if we’re paying for the online service

C

Corby Jurgens

It might seem like they could just do it but they need to work hard to do all the programming and set up the system and find the right people to do that so I'm sure they wanna do it but its hard work

R

Rico Santino Diaz

Omg they have to actually port and test these things and I don’t think there are enough teams at Nintendo to just be working on porting games from older systems while making new games, porting WII U games, still working on the 3DS games, Still have to finish the online services, and are currently planning a theme park and so much more. Like Nintendo has so much to do can you just give it time? Be patient.

A

Antonio T Jennings

Either people are really impatient or think nintendo is supposed to be their best friend lol.

C

Collier Godfrey

Because emulation is technically illegal, that’s why.

C

Collier Godfrey

Nintendo is also the Disney of video games when it comes to copyright and fair abuse.

J

Jarek Andrzejewski

I believe they'll begin doing that to some degree when they launch their paid online service later this year. It won't be a full catalogue, but they'll give away select retro games like xbox and playstation currently do

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom