Contact advertising [email protected]

The Dream Job, Some of you might describe my job as the dream job of a gamer, but i...

N

Niels van der Waa

The Dream Job,

Some of you might describe my job as the dream job of a gamer, but i want to make somethings clear:
Yes i bench the latest hardware on a daily basis.
Yes i receive nda products.
Yes i touch all the funky new exciting tech.

I know that for some of you this sounds like the dream job because you get to play with the latest toys, but i wouldn't call it playing,

It's not even close to that, some people ask me ah so you play games day in day out to test the newest gpu's? Or so you play games all day and just copy and paste some numbers into an excel sheet?

Well i want to share some things,

Being under nda SUCKS i can't share anything i work on because i will: lose my job and get a 10k fine(sounds fun right?)
I play maybe 1 game when a new exciting release is getting close and i soley play those games to be able to release a review i don't play for fun
Benching does not exist out of gaming and slapping numbers, it's mainly just looking at a screen for every piece of hardware i test, i test maybe 2 gpu's a day that means that i watch benchmarks for 8 hours a day.
If i get caught "gaming" i will be flamed so hard it's not even funny.
I do game in my break but that's diffrent.

Working with tight deadlines isn't fun if you don't like what you do.

For me this is my dream job and i more than happy that i have been able to realize my dream, but to all of those who think i just game day in day out you are so wrong

(Pic: custom water cooled vega a week after release)

N

Nicholas Morgan

??

A

Adam Warren

Seriously, why would you even write all that to explain your life, that put simply, no one gives a fuck about.

Hold up, the local bus driver will be here to explain his daily routine in a minute.

M

Mohamad Yehea AlDandashi

I don't want to sound deep or wise
But every person looks up to something better, so when you work, you will always view it as the norm and think about a better job, but for people with worse jobs they will think about your job as the dream job for them

J

Jamie McFarlane

Who are you?

R

Ryan Wills

Cool read

M

Mike Sweet

B

Bruno M Agostinho

I can relate. Once I did benchmarks and stuff to share and it was exausting. Dried me up, now I don't even read reviews or get on par with tech.

M

Mark Abril Jingco

because the actual players of the game are the best reviewers for me...i listen more to them ^^..

C

Carlos Santos

Still a dream job. Hahahaha.

T

Trendy Ronalds

D

David Himmler

You're pretty gay..

J

Juan Pablo Torres

welp at least you have a good job right?

J

John Michael Febrer

I feel you. Building a PC as a hobby feels more fun and exciting but building it because it is your job seems pretty bland.

S

Sergio Barraza

I could never make my hobby a job the entire point of my hobby is to escape the job mindset

M

Marzooq Ahmed

well everyone hate their job xD

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom