Contact advertising [email protected]

Switch The 5.0.0 Update has brought an end potentially to hacking the switch, as a programmer...

J

James Sims

The 5.0.0 Update has brought an end potentially to hacking the switch, as a programmer and IT expert I've looked into it all there's coding that's been added to the system which as most can tell has pretty much shut down the hacking network and products that are made or licensed by Nintendo too, hence the 3rd party docks causing the system to brick.
If you understand coding or anything advanced about computer systems then the system they have used is called KASLR (Kernel Address Space Layout Randomisation) it basically means the way to access the files to hack the system are always changing location and it would take a genius to hack it now.

S

Sandra Solorzano

So 3rd party docks will cause switch to crash?

P

Paul Toderas

I've hacked it under 2 hours.

Use the jsec files to identify the paths and trace them for about an hour or so while feeding the kernel random information for it to process. Once you have about 10.000 paths any logical system can map it out and you will find the patterns. There's about 100 of them and they know how to morph and combine with each other. But that should not cause a problem.

Next is the access to the xim but I believe you know how to do that

Good luck.

E

Edward Freeman

Guy on YouTube hack it and hook it to a portable TV

D

Daniel Rasmussen

Hackers usually are geniuses.

J

Jessica Johnson

Everyone keeps saying this like every single time an update has been released on any console/system/phone/vesion there hasn't been a break for it.

Relax. It's been out for a week.

S

Sean Thomas

isnt that good for them though? (about the hacking)

J

Juan Miguel Iglesias Iturriza

I wonder what team xecuter has in development.

J

Jay Kusanagi

Somebody fill me in. Isn't hacking a bad thing? Look what hackers did to PlayStation a while back. I could be wrong though.

R

Randal Dunkley

With 5.0 update will I still be able to use a usb-c extension cable to connect my switch to a genuine Nintendo dock without it being bricked ?

B

Brandon Munshaw

If you think KASLR is the end-all of security measures; then you clearly don't understand enough to say anything about computer security, rofl. - actual computer scientist.

G

Guy Bellemare

damn

J

Joseph Mitchell

They can never stop hacking. People thought that there was no way to hack the 3ds above fw 4.5. Now look where we are with full control. Fw 5.0 and above will be hacked once the devs learn Nintendo’s new tricks. No system is 100% secure from hacking.

R

Ryan Borrelli

They can still find it with proper code nothing is random

J

Janelle Minor

My switch is not hacked because i didnt get the 5.0 update

D

Davis Green

I have no issue with hacking whatsoever. I think it is necessary in fact. What pisses me off are the pirates that never pay the developers for their hard work. They are hard working 9-5ers like many of us. They deserve compensation for their work.

C

Carlos Martins

Who cares about hacking it, just buy the damn games and support Nintendo. I hate people.who hack consoles

J

James Sims

I don't really care for hacking myself, it leads to piracy etc but if Nintendo provided the services we wanted people wouldn't have a much of a reason, plus with every firmware uodate they plan to modify the bootrom and coding further

T

Tony Baker

Team xecuter were yeasing a hardware mod that could not be patched with software updates, hence the rumoured hw revision apparently in the pipeline..

S

Shane Rupert

Hahaha that's amazing. I love it.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom