Contact advertising [email protected]

So a few days ago I posted asking if it were possible to run a MacBook pro SSD (I have...

T

Toby De Heer

So a few days ago I posted asking if it were possible to run a MacBook pro SSD (I have a 1tb) in a Windows pc as I'm running out of storage and the mercury elite pro you see in the background is pissing me off due to it not being passively powered and steam wanting me to reinstall games even when the files are clearly visible in my second steam folder.

Anyways I found a pcie adapter on Amazon and everything was going swell. Untill I took my rig apart to remember that the z170i pro gaming only has 1pcie slot. I spend hours on the internet looking for a cable / adapter to convert pcie into sata or usb etc but to no avail. If anyone knows what exists to help me if anything that would be sweet.

Otherwise I'm considering upgrading to a slightly larger case and a motherboard with more than one pcie slot :p with that being said what recommendations does everyone have for a case and motherboard combo which fits my needs. I haven't bought either for a while. I'm running a 6700k and a gtx 1080.

Yeh I know it would probs be cheaper to sell the MacBook with SSD and buy the appropriate storage. But the MacBook is in less than ideal storage and tbh I've got this idea in my head and I have to overcome it

J

Joshua Walker

A mac ssd is the same as any other ssd however from what i understand now is that the mac ssd drives use a different kind of connecting piece to connect to the mobo

C

Charlie Brawn

Linus showcased a USB 3 to PCI adapter the other day I believe

T

Toby De Heer

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

T

Toby De Heer

never seen one of these before but its looks like it could be a decent bet however they are very pricey

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom