Contact advertising [email protected]

Switch So a close friend of mine just recently had his Switch stolen, reported to the police...

C

Cameron Davies

So a close friend of mine just recently had his Switch stolen, reported to the police etc, what would you recommend as a course of action to track it down or get a replacement? (we are both students so quite poor) If this isn't related enough Switch talk obviously please delete, and thank you for your time :)
Edit: I just want to thank you all again for suggestions for what to do about this, I appreciate it very much :)

J

Jessica Johnson

You've done all you could. Reporting it to the police is usually your last stop. Otherwise, visit local pawn/resale ships and ask them if they've had any sold matching the serial number.

J

Jessica Fitzpatrick

Go on eBay too to look for the serial number and report it to eBay that it's a stolen system

D

Daniel L. Lawson

Call nintendo.. see if the can track it using serial number when whoever has it trys using it over the internet

J

Jessica Johnson

Nintendo usually can't because it's a legal matter at that point.

M

Mike Wood Jr.

Well, once a police report is filed, the serial number is entered into a national database so if it's sold to a pawn shop or traded in, it will give off a hit.

O

Oscar Echeverria

its gone kiss it goodbye unless you can actually find out who stole it other than that all the person need to do is keep it hidden

K

Kimberly Woodward

So sorry that happened. What is wrong with people today?!? Ugh. So. Many. Things. Wrong. Hope you can get a stroke of luck and find it. Or find a way to get a new one. Perhaps just leave it home from now on if you happen to find it/save for a new one ? That's what my husband and I do. It's so tempting to bring it places but we don't want it lost/stolen. :/ good luck

G

Greg Eckermann

hmm

G

Greg Eckermann

I wonder if you can check the IP of the login it has thats a way to do it.

M

Mark Murray

Best shot is trying pawn shops, kijiji, local buy and sell type stuff. Most likely they stole everything and not just the system so it will all be for sale at once. It's likely gone though. I'm sorry for your loss. It happens every day to someone with something. Not everyone has the same morals. It's truly sad that a few individuals feel that rather than working for money and what they want, they can just take from those that have. Unfortunately this problem will never go away. Smart crook will get rid of it right away before it's reported or wait a bit after things cool down but the police are not looking for it. If they come across it, there's still a slim chance you'll get it back as there are hundreds of items reported weekly to them.
Police around here have an annual bike sale of all the stolen bikes. If you can find your own and prove it, you can get it back. If not it's up for sale.

C

Chey Rasmussen

I believe Nintendo can track whether his specific serial number has connected to the internet, but that's about it. Still, may be worth letting them know about it. Without GPS built in though that's going to make it a lot harder to get back unfortunately.

L

Lee Mcgraw

Sucks but all you can really do is replace.

J

Jonathan Hill

I gave the police my serial number on my box when mine was stolen. It's was intercepted at the local pawn shop and returned to me.

A

Alex Grier

thats terrible i feel bad

S

Samuel Robinson

I am curious how someone was able to steal it. If I take mine from home, I usually lock it up when it's not being used.

B

Brooke Rothschild

If yôu got it from Amazon,they can track it for you

J

Justin Vargo

Don't think there is anyway to track it...maybe and only maybe Nintendo may have a way to track where it connected to Internet on your friend's account) but I doubt it. And I'd bet the cops would have to make that call to get access not you.

W

Wyndham Barros

One thing that is good is that Gamestop has a while back told me that they never ake in a system without a serial number.

S

Stanley Lui

Use parent control app to set playtime to zero for everyday and set password. Thief unable to use the main unit and no jailbreak make them no intention to steal NS anymore

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom