Contact advertising [email protected]

Should you always use a static proof wrist band? And be very precausious of static...

C

Calin Scott Pierce

Should you always use a static proof wrist band? And be very precausious of static when doing a build? Almost all the videos I've seen didn't except one..

W

Will Jones

No need. I just tap the metal on the case sometimes or anything metal nearby

R

Ryan Tosney

To be fair i only used one in college but its not neccissary as will jones saif ta0 metal on the case that should earth it

C

Chris Steezmour-Fussell

No you don't, make sure you PSU is plugged in and you touch it periodically, anything metal should be fine but it's better if it's actually grounded

M

Matthew Reed

Never needed to use one

S

Sander Westerberg

No need, just touch a psu that is plugged into the wall a couple times during the build process, and you're good to go really

C

Calin Scott Pierce

Just plug psu into a unplugged power strip would work then?

D

Dennis Barbier

Never.

J

Jorge Lupercio

These days it's not really a huge deal. Systems aren't as sensitive as they once were, but it's not a bad thing to use one.

K

Kane Hewson

I always unplug it and let the residual power drain before I touch my machine just incase. If you happen to accidently touch the wrong thing you could fry it. Rare but possible

R

Richard Gooden

I've built computers on the floor. Just touch the case before touching ESD sensitive items. Even then though, it isn't nearly as bad as the old days.

M

Mark Pepin

I dont use them... that said I would not recommend building on a plush carpet wearing fuzzy slippers....

R

Ryan Bloch

No. It's a waste of money

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom