Contact advertising [email protected]

Recommend a JRPG lover some WRPGs to try out? Things that make me unable to get into...

• Thread starter Yusuf Arief Wicaksono
  • Start date
Y

Yusuf Arief Wicaksono

Recommend a JRPG lover some WRPGs to try out?

Things that make me unable to get into the genre:
1. Isometric
don't like it. seriously.
2. Anything that requires precise movement done fast
I usually only use the keyboard.
3. Meaningless fights and side quests
This is the main reason. I haven't found any WRPGs that manages to make me care about the characters and the world. Or any western game for that matter, the exceptions being AC II and the Witcher series.
4. Too futuristic a look
a little sci-fi is fine tho.
5. Guns, except if there's an auto aiming system
see number 2.
6. Skill bars, except if there are remappable buttons to activate them
see number 2.
7. The game feels like a demo
The whole "You don't like it? Mod it. Still don't like it? Add some more." thing. That's the dev's job (making a complete game), not mine. If I don't like it, I'll just return it and get other games.

Stuffs I like (if it helps):
1. Good story (doesn't have to be original, the usual save the world is fine) handled correctly (I'll be the judge)
2. Believable fantasy setting
3. Jumping
4. Grinding, but not looting
5. Exploring (for the treasures, not more sidequests)
6. Being stealthy (not walking straight to the enemy ala Altair or any overlords out there)
7. The game being playable with only the keyboard is a huge bonus point

Don't worry about price and sys reqs for now, I can wait for sales and better rigs to play. But this will probably be my last attempt at the genre. If there's still nothing that catch my interest, I might just give up and try other genre. So do help me here, my fellow brothers?

M

Mitchel Makkus

If you have so many restrictions i'd say make your own game lmao. Not one game i can think of matches your restrictions. Go play farmville maybe?

Y

Yusuf Arief Wicaksono

It's not a list of restrictions. I just listed what makes me unable to get into the genre. If you have any good games you think I should play (despite the flaws since it's so good), you can ignore that list just fine.

M

Mitchel Makkus

I'd recommend you to look at alot of rpg games like elder scrolls, dark souls, witcher and stuff and then see if you would like to play any of them

A

Aniel Angel

Don't take this the wrong way, man, but those do sound like restrictions to me, just the other way around ("game must not have these" vs "game must have these"). That's a lot of restrictions too.

A

Andrew Kerssens

Try Black Desert Online

Y

Yusuf Arief Wicaksono

Forgot to mention that I have shitty connection so online features are basically unusable..

M

Michael Richard Matovcik

Paper Mario the thousand year door..... no I'm not even joking.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom