Contact advertising [email protected]

Switch Question about going from physical copy to digital. We have two Switchs in my house....

D

David Culp

Question about going from physical copy to digital.

We have two Switchs in my house. In fact, I bought a second Switch just for my wife to play Super Mario Odyssey as I knew when it came out she would be hogging the Switch and the TV with all our game machines hooked up. The issue is that I have become addicted to SMO also and have been playing it in the main Switch. This leaves us with one copy of SMO between two Switches.

If I buy the download version of SMO on our main Switch will it keep my progress that I have made so far using the physical version?

J

Jeremy Hess

It should

D

David Culp

This problem would be solved if Nintendo would just come out with cloud saves.

J

Jeremy Hess

But I mean would it not make more sense to get a second physical and sell one down the road

D

David Culp

Yeah, but I want to buy it now and I dont want to leave the house :)

J

Jeremy Hess

Guess you could sell the one you have later

K

Kenny Kuang

It will. I have 2 Switch also. I have 2 physical copy of zelda BOTW and no matter which cart I use it have my save files. Your save files are on the system storage.

J

Jeffrey M Batson

It does. Because it’s local data it doesn’t matter the type of copy it’ll load whatever the device has

D

Dennis Morales

Yes i started and completed breath of the wild on physical wanted to go all digital and bought it digital and everything as far as save progress was still there. The save data is stored on the switch not the game so your good

E

Eric Farley

Yes

L

Lance Curtis

Physical is best financially. Digital if you don't like collecting or being able to trade, loan, gift, or resale.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom