Contact advertising [email protected]

Let's talk putting power adjustments... The adjustment for up/down slopes seems to be...

C

Caine Schneider

Let's talk putting power adjustments... The adjustment for up/down slopes seems to be totally different for EG Traditional than what it was for WI Circle/Gauge/Arrow (Advanced used the ghost ball). To use a simple example from World Invitational, I figured 1 foot up was worth 9 feet of distance, assuming a straight uphill roll. From the Circle putting gauge, at the 30-foot power, 1.0 foot uphill, that translated into hitting three segments beyond the flag (each segment in the gauge represents 3 feet of distance). Now in the new EG with the Traditional putting scale, that's totally wrong! At the 30-foot putting scale, for a putt that is uphill even 0.2 (feet I assume, but maybe it's actually yards even though I swear it must be feet), I need almost a full segment (10% of the bar) to get the ball to the hole. I haven't even gotten to the more sloped greens yet, so I'm trying to figure out the general rule of thumb for 1.0 uphill putt to distance added. My basic translation would be one foot uphill needs nine feet of distance. Maybe I've got my units all wrong between the games?

D

Darren Wright

Practice practice practice

S

Scott Lenahan

I'm putting short a lot too!

C

Caine Schneider

I certainly will have a lot more practice. I'll pay attention to the units of the up/down hill and the gauge. I'm still grinding away on the single player campaign to unlock stuff. I can clear one more rank tonight, hopefully two! I figure it takes about 12 games to clear a rank (9 tourneys + 3 bosses). (edit: assuming a "game" is a 9-hole round.}

G

George Counterman

Definitely experiencing the same. I almost always swap from short putt to long putt if putting uphill.

A

Adam Hutchinson

2 words
Mega Cup

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom