Contact advertising [email protected]

Let's discuss something PC related instead of trying to piss 90% of the group~ (though...

K

Kylie Matias

Let's discuss something PC related instead of trying to piss 90% of the group~ (though this might piss off some people lmao)

Oh look!! He's using a Corsair 750watt Gold PSU and these are the specs that he has with it.

3770k 4.7GHz overclocked
gtx680 1250mhz overclocked
8gb ram 2100 x2 overclocked
water cooling loop set on speed 3
12 corsair fans (a lot of fuckin' fans)
Z77 OC formula mobo

on idle it's at around 150w
on max load with both GPU and CPU under stress uses at most 350w.

This was back in 2013 and since then, computer parts have become more power efficient.

So if you think you need a 800+ or a 1200+wattage on your system even if you're just using a single GPU, you're not doing your wallet any justice.

Heck, even if you use 1080s in SLI, you only need 750w. A 2-way SLI will only draw up to 360w on max load. (That's only the SLI power draw, not including CPU)

J

John Headen

Actually, the only thing that was overspent on was getting a gold version instead of a bronze version. This pc is using a perfect power supply for upgrading and maximum efficiency as it stands.

G

Garrick Schull

Not necessarily my 1080TIs are overclocked and draw about 400 watts between the two of them and my I9 once overclocked will likely pull 400w on its own! So minimum 800w. A 750w is too small for a high end system because its never good to run a PSU more than 80% of its wattage rating 24/7. Id reccomend a solid 1000w psu or greater when building a high end rig. An extra $30 is a small price to pay to guarantee you will never short out your PSU by overloading the rail.

R

Ryan Bloch

1000w or go home

B

Ben Percy Ward

HX750i with an overclocked i5 4670k but will be swapping that out on the weekend for a 4790k and overclocking it, as well as SLI 980s with decent OC'd. For my setup I wouldn't need bigger plus it has a 10 year warranty so it will probably get used in builds after this one if I find it's not big enough.

D

Dzavid Arslanoski

U can get away with a 750 watt psu any day if u have only one gpu. As long as u dont have x299. Oh and make sure its gold rated.

T

Tyler Gornall

i have a 1200w and im pretty happy

J

Jason Proctor

My wallet's justice is none of your business.. but got my 1200w platinum for the price of a 750 so yeah I think my wallet is happy. Also, before you say it's a waste of electricity, read up on how a high quality psu doesn't use any more than it needs. I've tested my 1200w vs my crappy stock 400w from a more "efficient" CPU build and the 400w actually ran higher loads. Makes you question where or not that $38 low end psu is worth it in the long run.

B

Bliv AK

Yes, everyone can claim that with a huge power supply it's not an issue, which is correct but the bigger picture is every technological company strives to be efficient and manufacture efficient products, i9 line up has failed where Ryzen has excelled.

K

Kylie Matias

Hey, at least there actually is still hope for this group after all. Multiple people discussing/ agreeing/ disagreeing about a certain topic. Nice.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom