Contact advertising [email protected]

Just got a 1060 3 GB for free from work. I've been running a 970 for the last 3 years....

• Thread starter Russell Tynes Jr
  • Start date
R

Russell Tynes Jr

Just got a 1060 3 GB for free from work. I've been running a 970 for the last 3 years. I've looked up plenty of benchmarks and overall the 1060 technically runs slightly higher FPS (like 2-5 FPS higher in most games at 1080p) but also runs cooler and uses less power. My question for the group: should I even bother switching out the 970 for 1060 3 GB?

M

Michael Jason Sencio

should be fine at 1080p

D

Daniel Fernandez

I would say sell it if it's unopened. It would be worth it to get the money instead of the minimal increase in fps

O

Omar Nasser

Sell both and get a 1070

R

Russell Tynes Jr

DISCLAIMER: There's a 10% chance I might have to give it back at some point. I was just going to out the "loser" to my gf (whos currently running a 1050 Ti) and then put that 1050 Ti in my sons PC where hes running a 750 Ti. Im only saying this cause selling it might not be an option for me at this point.

S

Søren Sønderholt Christiansen

No. The 3GB version performs below it. Stick with your 970

M

Marcus Dean Adams

If your 970 has more VRAM, keep it. A lot of newer games either already do or will need more VRAM than that.

Here's how my system looks running Battlefield 1 at 1080p, Ultra settings. 9.5GB of system RAM on top of 3.6GB of VRAM in use.

P

Paul Rubinchik

If it was the 6gb i would say switch it out but since its not keep your 970 for now.

R

Russell Tynes Jr

Thanks all. Just wanted to Bounce It Off everyone before I made any decisions

D

Dustin Chamberlain

You know what they say about looking a gift horse in the mouth...? you're looking a gift horse in the mouth...

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom