Contact advertising [email protected]

Is there any disadvantages of mounting gpu vertically?

G

Gt Saketh

Is there any disadvantages of mounting gpu vertically?

B

Brandon Wassmer

nope

L

Lukas Stadler

Depending on case gpu is hotter and louder

J

Jordan Miller

I’m doing this as well using the cool master case mod.

D

Dan Medved

GamersNexus on youtube covered this debate. It can have a negative impact in some cases.

J

Joe Blank

Nope it’s amazing

D

Dylan Shane

Depends on case, I just mounted mine vertical and my fans haven’t even kicked on once but the inside of my case is cool so case really matters

Ł

Łukasz Jastrzębski

What I've to have to mount it vertically?

T

Timmy Smithers

Gravity.

M

Mark Z Ciarleglio

All the bitcoins will spill out

C

Chris Kiddell

The better question would be is there any advantages? If no then it is extra work for no reason, and I think they look stupid mounted vertically too.

M

Mark Z Ciarleglio

I mean, the obvious advantage and only advantage is to show off your gpu, Chris. If you have tempered glass that's a no-brainer. But the disadvantage is that your gpu will be close to the glass and reduce airflow, so you need to think about that before mounting it and either use a hybrid cooler or a custom loop, or have a lot of airflow moving through your case, which many tempered glass cases are kind of restrictive with to begin with. Whatever though, it looks cool I guess. I use a black metal box with a bunch of holes in it, if it's doing any glow-y RGBing I wouldn't know

D

Daniel Talantzis

Yes

D

Diego Hurtado

Bit higher temps nothing drastic though

T

Topias Olavi Salakka

Over 10C higher temps in some cases.

A

Aravind RP

Depending on the case, your GPU fans might be too close to the tempered glass panel ( don't see why anyone would put em vertical without one lol) which would restrict airflow and result in higher temps.

J

Jayvee Yumol

Other than causing ocd problems, nothing

T

Toby Hollenbaugh

To support the cards weight better and help airflow. Just need a good pcie extension cable

C

Clint Gardner

Depending on how close they are to the side panel... airflow and thus temperatures.

J

Jonnathon Clayton

I did it because of gpu sag

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom