Contact advertising [email protected]

Switch Is anyone here sad that Nintendo didn't implement Achievements or Trophies for their...

J

Jon Jon Yun

Is anyone here sad that Nintendo didn't implement Achievements or Trophies for their games?

This is the reason why I like buying I Am Setsuna, Lost Sphear, and Skyrim on PS4 as well as Switch.

One to collect Trophies, another to play on-the-go :)

R

Robert Gremillion

Disgaea 5 has an trophy system built into the game that is also Save-Specific (Every save has their own trophy list) Im sure Skyrim will probably be similar. Quite a few games on the Nintendo consoles actually build an achievement system into the game (like Skylanders)

P

Pablo Andres Sabetta

I'm actually glad they didn't. Not appealing to me whatsoever

C

Chico Del Corro

In game trophies / reward mechanics are better than general trophies / achievements IMO... I don't have that need for validation and need to brag.

R

Ryne Santos

Not a huge deal to me. I do have a PS4/PS4,X360 and never really cared for achievements... that's just another thing developers have to add. Some you can tell don't care for it (i.e. finish the first level, collect 10 power ups) woohoo...

J

Jose Juan Vela Jr.

Not really.

M

Marc DiCianni

They don't matter in any way to me, I honestly don't get the obsession and why everyone acts like it's such a big deal, but I know that's just my perspective on it. Just never saw the real need for them unless they ultimately gained you something other than a mark in your profile... But everyone gets satisfaction their own way I know haha

E

Elatia Langford

Yeah. While there will invariably be those "These young kids just need a pat on their back to validate their own poor being!" chump in the mix, it's hardly about validation, and all about profile gamification/added value.

I do hope Nintendo gets up to speed someday regarding this.

J

Jacob Stafford

I'm not too disappointed since the only games I cared about getting trophies was in Bloodborne and Dark Souls III.

D

Dustin Peña

I couldn't care less. I already get annoyed when they pop up on my PS4 and XBONE.

S

Spencer Miller

I don't care much honestly.

F

Frank Ayers

People talk smack about trophies, and I get it. I never cared for them at all. But in reality it's more content and has you doing things in game that you normally wouldnt.

W

Willie D Rivera

No. Don't care for em.

M

Michael Jurado

If enough achievement points or what ever got me Nintendo coins which I could trade for posters or key chains or discounts on games whatever then it would matter to me but just for bragging right nah nty that's why I play the game for lol guess it would be neat for a completionist but ehhhh not really hurting for them

B

Benjamin Sullivan

There is an unconfirmed rumor that one is coming to the Switch.

J

Jay Bazely

I'm glad they didn't really, if skyrim has mod support then I won't have to worry about not getting trophies/achievements, they could add in game accomplishments instead, you get an ingame item rather than a trophy.

T

Trayce Hellie

GameXplain talked about this on their channel and they feel as if the notification could get pretty annoying and take away an enjoyable game experience. They don’t want it since it may force you to do things you would not ordinarily do.

A

Aaran CM

Hated trophies. Especially on PS3. You lend games off friends over time and get stuck with loads of trophies for games youve not finished. And you couldn't even delete them..

C

Ciaran Christie

Pokken tournament has its own achievement system for getting random bonuses and items

I

Ian Yurcisin

Nintendo needs a system
Coins? Idk. But something that makes you push beyond just finishing the game.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom