Contact advertising [email protected]

Interesting set up but what happens when the water is a boiling point... I don't think...

• Thread starter Matthew Sedge Sedgwick
  • Start date
M

Matthew Sedge Sedgwick

Interesting set up but what happens when the water is a boiling point... I don't think the 2 fans on the front is going to keep the water cool enough

A

Alex Fettig

Not water...

O

Onon ZB

mineral oil

M

Matthew Sedge Sedgwick

Well mineral oil still can't keep it cool for a long period of time surely

L

Luke Large

The heat is absorbed into the mineral oil which is then passed through a radiator to cool it, works pretty well because mineral oil is about 5 times better at conducting heat than air

M

Matthew Sedge Sedgwick

Didn't know that but did know mineral oil is better at temperature control then water so I guess it's a better option in a way, thanks for the knowledge

A

Alex Fettig

This is Novak fluid from 3M guys.. but Mineral oil works similar. Check out Linus tech tips where he did one with Luke from a few years ago.

D

David Charles Struve

I wonder if they only part-way filled the case with mineral oil in order just to get that awesome bubble and vapour effect? Surely it would be better to completely submerge the entire thing for maximum cooling ability?

L

Luke Large

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

A

Angel Hernandez

Haha wish it was water, it's a non conductive liquid that costs like 500 USD per gallon

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom