Contact advertising [email protected]

Switch In response to the FIFA 18 news/debacle I think people are blowing this out of...

I

Isimi Kehinde

In response to the FIFA 18 news/debacle
I think people are blowing this out of proportion and need to settle down, here's why

1. Frostbite engine isn't a big deal, I've played FIFA 14-16 (ignite engine) and FIFA 17(frostbite engine) and apart from a visual boost and added animation(which is a given year in year out), there wasn't much of a change to the gameplay than a few tweaks that can easily be emulated in the ignite engine(assuming that's the engine they'll be using).

EDIT/UPDATE: The switch is capable of running the frostbite engine as evident from less powerful systems such as the ps3 and xbox 360 having games (BF4 and DA: inquisition) using said engine.
It is obvious that making it work/porting such an engine will take time, time that EA clearly doesn't have.

2. The journey isn't a big deal, from personal experience, I never played the journey, I didn't care for it, and I'm pretty sure it's not the selling point of the franchise. Do you know what is the selling point? FUT, the mode that people keep playing for years, that gives EA millions to billions of dollars and why FIFA sells all year.
I think if I had to trade between the two, I would not even glance at the journey.

3. Portability is a huge selling point. FIFA (Any game for that matter) on the go if you think about it, is huge, and having a franchise that (it does) moves units on the go for a unique multiplayer experience is something that no amount of power the ps4pro and Scorpio has will give you.

Now I'm not saying it will turn out good, I'm just saying we shouldn't just go up in arms about it and express ourselves come September when we see the game ourselves and reviews are out and if these features actually affect gameplay.

Thanks.

J

Jace Henry

What i think is people is misinterpreting what was said, it said that the switch version wont be using frostbite not that the switch cant run frostbite. People seem to forget how english works

A

Andrew Searson

Glad that some people have understood this and not just jumped on the bandwagon. I'm guessing most people that are concerned about this are those that don't play sports games. I, for one, am extremely excited to have such (potentially) high quality sports games on the go - carrying my Xbox 360, power brick and TV onto a plane to play Fifa was a nightmare

S

Sharn Benn

If it has a 'My Pro' mode I'll play it. You can keep your FUT and stick it. I don't really care what the build/engine is like. If it's good to play, then just play the fuking game and shut your trap.

S

Snickers Keller

I'm not a big FIFA fan so this all dosnt concern me, I'm also one of the last people to defend EA....however. I think many people are falling back into the misinterpretation that the Switch is some monster portable that can run anything mode again. I love the Switch it's phenomenal and it's impressively strong however....these devs are going to use what they feel will run best on the system there's more than graphics power to consider when putting anything on a console. Switch is a "console" but it's a portable mostly and isn't going to run the brand new FIFA like the One or PS4. It's a just how it is. If fans want these AAA titles they're going to have to get used them taking some hits in certain departments to run well.

M

Mappy Quintos

it's FIFA and it's EA...how the fuck is this a big deal? no one should care really, it's EA guys, come on

K

Katie Lazzelle-Baily

I think it's just because it's EA who despite having tons of money and despite the Switch selling well, seems to like to half ass any port. Despite the Wii's massive sales, they made shitty "all play versions" that were garbage. Many accept a graphical downgrade but chopping out features, selling it for full price then bitching when their inferior version doesn't sell. And somehow Nintendo is the bad guy. When a third party game does bad on a Nintendo system it's Nintendo's fault yet if the same game sells badly on another system, it's the developers fault.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom