Contact advertising [email protected]

In light of Stephen hawkings passing I've decided I'm finally going buy a hotas for my...

J

Jamie W. Stevens

In light of Stephen hawkings passing I've decided I'm finally going buy a hotas for my vive and elite dangerous. I havnt owned a flight stick since my old sidewinder back in the 90s. Any budget friendly suggestions?

E

Eric Larocque

I kind of forget what a hotas is actually...been a while since I've looked them up.

E

Eric Larocque

Your post reminds me of the old Gravis Blackhawk my dad gave me a long time ago with a Radioshack Gameport to USB adapter though...still working albiet roughly, but I remember as a 2 and 3 year old watching him play or even playing on his machine myself. Those were the days.

J

Jamie W. Stevens

Haha im accually kind of excited to do this. I always thought the learning curve of ED was too high, never made it out of the starting area. I like how they have the thrust stick you use with your left hand now. I see alot have some sort of redder system for your feet but i dont think thats nessesary. I remember when it was essential to own a flight stick, now im seeing them as high as $3000!!!

E

Eric Larocque

Yeah man. The pedal rudder thing is nice if you REALLY want to simulate some planes a bit more closely, but it can only go so far much like a G27.

E

Eric Larocque

My desk isn't even close to resembling how a real car with a 5 speed would have everything placed, but my G27 is still fun to use anyways.

J

Jamie W. Stevens

planes dont have rudders do they? ive never flown one before lol.

E

Eric Larocque

Actually yes. Mainly used for keeping the plane straight enough to land and for a couple other things I forget completely.

E

Eric Larocque

I'm not a HUGE plane expert but I really loved Microsoft's Battle For Europe from back then...two discs to install, whole ton of fun. I wanna restore the Xterminator Dual Control my dad also gave me just for that game.

J

Jamie W. Stevens

haha yea thats awesome. The last flight sim i was die hard into was microsoft flight simulator 98. Im sure theyve changed since then, but for ED anyways, that games almost unplayable with a VIVE and mouse and keyboard. Youd have to be a typing wizard to know what you are pressing lol.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom