Contact advertising [email protected]

I think it's about time to update my pc. But honestly I still don't know much. Anyone...

D

Dwarven Trey

I think it's about time to update my pc. But honestly I still don't know much. Anyone can help me upgrade my pc, so I'm able to game and stream better? This is what I currently have.
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

My budget for upgrades is about $1200 USD. can I get some builds that would work. Most liked one is what I'll go with.

N

Nick Morley

That’s almost the exact system I am upgrading from. Leaving AMD for Intel’s new 8700k.

The 8350 did well for me for a long time. But not many games can use all 8 cores. If your multi-tasking it’s perfect.

M

Marcus Dean Adams

You currently have the 8350? I do some streaming/recording with my 8370 just fine, but I use Radeon Relive which leverages my RX 480 graphics card instead. I've done some CPU encoded streaming before for things like League of Legends, but I'm guessing it would bottleneck if I tried to use the CPU to encode streams for more intensive games.

If I were going to upgrade, I would just swap out the motherboard, RAM and CPU for a Ryzen 5 or even a Ryzen 7 CPU. Your power supply and such would all still be fine. Upgrading to say an RX 580 or even an R9 390X alone would give you a bump in performance, especially the R9 390. Since you don't have to pay for a case, power supply, optical drive, Windows license etc. since you already have all of that, $1,200 could go a long way.

Here's some upgrade parts that fit your budget; Ryzen 7 1800X including a stock Wraith cooler, 16GB of RAM, motherboard, and an MSI RX 580 8GB. Swap out parts as you wish (faster RAM, etc.)

P

Panagiotis Panagiotopoulos

well u can go for a ryzen 1700 with a good cooler or wait and buy the new i7 8700k. For gpu i would go with 1070-1080(depending what cpu u bought) or similar and throw 16gb ram preferably with 3000 mhz or more.
p.s. if you can use more than 5500 bitrate you don't need to use ur cpu to encode you can encode with the gpu, because after that bitrate things get more or less the same for streaming in terms of quality cpu vs gpu, so in that case it might be a good idea to start thinking about buying a i7 7700k with a good cooler which is still a very very good option in games.

M

Maki-kun

if you are going with this one dont forget the water cooler its a must!!

M

Marc Simmler

y you want to upgrade now?

N

Nick Morley

Not sure if the question was directed to me or not...? But I’m upgrading for a certain game, Star Citizen. It’s gonna be my game for the next +5 years and wanted top of the line.

I’m switching to Intel’s new 8700k and a ZOTAC 1080ti. Planning on selling my old rig once the CPU is restocked.

M

Michael Orpilla

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom