Contact advertising [email protected]

I am upgrading my CPU for rendering and running multiple intensive softwares. I am...

S

Sam Freeman

I am upgrading my CPU for rendering and running multiple intensive softwares. I am thinking for going for either an AMD FX 9590 4.7 GHz 8 Core or a FX8350 4.0GHz 8 Core .In addition I must buy a new motherboard to run it too..

Do you guys think the extra cost of the 9590 is worth it?~ or should I look elsewhere?

For reference I am currently using a Athlon 880k Quad Core at 4.2Ghz with a 1060 SC 6GB.

EDIT: I am using DDR3 RAM and I cannot move to DDR4

R

Ryan Kinsey

Have you referenced the pinned post by chance? If you have get a new motherboard have you considered moving to thr AM4 platform and picking up a Ryzen processor? This would give you the ability to upgrade later on down the line rather than buying into a dead socket.

B

Bryan Christopher

Ryzen 1600

J

Jason Cook

Dont buy any fx chip that will be a terrible mistake, look at ryzen for heavy multi tasking

D

Dan Panosh

Ryzen 7 1700

R

Ryan Kinsey

Let's try and keep in the same price point, gentlemen. So a cheap B350 motherboard and a Ryzen 3 1200.

AMD RYZEN 3 1200 4-Core 3.1 GHz (3.4 GHz Turbo) Socket AM4 65W YD1200BBAEBOX Desktop Processor
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

S

Sam Freeman

EDIT FOR COMMENTS: I am using ddr3 and cant afford to boost up to ddr4 yet

N

Neil Towson

this is such a pointless upgrade. if you cant afford ddr4, simply wait until youn can budget for CPU, motherboard and RAM.

R

Ryan Kinsey

R

Ryan Kinsey

R

Ryan Kinsey

or you can spend $270 on a Ryzen 3 1200, Cheap motherboard, and 8 gb of DDR4 3000 ram.

S

Sam Freeman

Ill have a look around at different cpu's then, thanks for all the suggestions everyone :)

E

Ellis Morley

I use a 8350 clocked @4.2 and can confirm that a 9590 is just a 8350 overclocked. i use a corsair h110 and idle at 16'C and under load hit 31 max in a rack case with a few server fans. Teamed with a 970 can easy 60fps on pubg on an 1080p ultra wide.

D

Derek Barker

FX is cancer why would you ever want to get an FX CPU for anything

J

Johan P Krause

9590 is more of a space heater than anything else

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom