Contact advertising [email protected]

Hey guys, not super overwatch specific but I need some help. So I moved to a new...

N

Natasha Hartman

Hey guys, not super overwatch specific but I need some help.

So I moved to a new house and now my gaming set up is in the basement. But the router is upstairs and I'm afraid I can't move it. Since I don't have a wired connection anymore, I've been lagging. I'm getting into comp again and I'm afraid of lagging out of comp games.
I want to have a wired connection again so I can play and stream without worrying about lagging and D.C. Is there anything I can buy so that can happen. Again I can't move the router downstairs.
Thanks for the help in advance! Also I know I could google it but I don't exactly know what to google...

J

James Long

i can help you,

J

James Long

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

J

Josh Lara

Ac lan adapter

L

Lucy Non Uro

Natasha Hartman, I have had a similar problem. They sell ethernet cables of almost every length. I had to string an ethernet cable up the stairs to a third story to make it work for my PS4. Ever since then, no lag issues at all, and I can play from pretty much anywhere in the house. Cable management is not that bad either.

E

Enrique Sandoval

Look into power line adapters or multiple router sets.

I

Immanuel Figueroa

I have a 100ft Ethernet cable running from my kitchen to upstairs bedroom, anything is possible :)

J

Joe Villegas

Amazon 100 ft cable lol

N

Nikki Berkhof

Ethernet cable. Or powerline adapter. Our router is downstairs, but I'm on the top floor. So i have a powerline adapter. Its perfect.

D

David Kennedy

get a point put in to your basement so you can put the router down there?

J

Jamie Kirkland

Most standard routers are meant for a 1 story house. You can buy a 2 story house router and you will get a stronger connection

S

Sandra Toprek

Ethernet cable or a powerline adapter dear :))

I

Ivan Barreto

If you are lazy just drill a hole in the ground, get an Ethernet cable through it, mount the "heads" and profit

J

Justin Horton

Mesh internet set up if you don't want cables, I use it and I don't ever lag

P

Panos Vavetsis

Hey, Natasha!
All I can say is that you need to do some mlg shit in your house with long ass ethernet cables. You could try drilling holes from your basement to the floor where you got your router, if you want some good internet connection speeds. It's what I did in my parents' home, where the router is in some long hall and we got computers hooked up in every room. We just drilled holes on the edges of the doorways and held the cables on the walls up top so it wont bother us when we walk and, especially, for the dog. She doesn't like cables. Otherwise, you could do well to get those wifi thingies that you plug onto the power plugs and connect the one with your PC and the other one, in range with the other wifi thing, plugged with the router. (perplexing, I know.)
Hope this helped you in some way and I hope you'll manage to solve this problem of yours somehow.

J

Jovan Misovski

M

Matthew Robinson

100 percent works better than wifi. its about 75 percent as good as being wired.

E

Enrique Sandoval

L

Lillian Song

There are wifi boosters you can get. I used one ages ago when I was living in a separate building from the Router I was using. I think we actually used two, one inside and then one outside. Worked a dream

N

Natasha Hartman

Thank you guys so much! I'm going to try the powerline adapter first and see how it goes!

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom