Contact advertising [email protected]

PC Hey boyos. SO, my 290x just finally died, so I'm in the market for a replacement. I've...

W

Will Shriver

Hey boyos. SO, my 290x just finally died, so I'm in the market for a replacement. I've been out of the loop for a bit, what's a comparable card? I'm thinking 1060, because the 1080 is just too much for me.
Honestly, shocked the 290x lasted for almost 3 years. it ran at 80c just about anytime you put load on it.

K

KyriaKos Kinatidis

1060 would run the game at epic 1080 at 60 fps constantly. Depending on your cpu also

Z

Zack Hockaday

I'd say either a 1060 or a 1070 is gonna be the sweet spot for price to performance

P

Pericles Underhill

1060 is awesome. But if you can spring for a 1070ti, you’d be very pleased with it.
Another thought, high refresh rate monitors are becoming very affordable and you might want a card that can push those frames for a future display upgrade if you don’t already have one.

S

Storme Porter

I have an i7-7700 with 1060 and I run epic with the fps capped at 75. I run all of my games at least with high settings with 60 fps minimum.

C

Chris Weger

good luck in finding one for a decent price.. crypto currency is raising the prices by double or even 3 times the price. ive been looking for gtx 1070. at christmas they were 400, now they are 1200..

B

Bryan Lebron

im surprised you ran 3 years with it at 80c, i still use my ATI HD 7850, and mine runs at 55. given i take it apart and clean it, it not im sure it would be much higher.

D

David Taylor

What a time for your video card to die. Bitcoin miners are pretty much keeping video cards out of stock and overpriced.

A

Adam Mueller

Nvidia will sell you a card at msrp but you need to watch the site like a damn hawk.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom