Contact advertising [email protected]

Help me post!!! I bought my son a gaming pc He's only had it a few months and already...

• Thread starter Denise Marie Zaach Mwinyi
  • Start date
D

Denise Marie Zaach Mwinyi

Help me post!!!
I bought my son a gaming pc
He's only had it a few months and already hes telling me its not connecting to the internet because of this one piece
Double checked my internet is working otherwise.
Sorry if this is a silly question but do I just replace the piece or is there something else to do or check?
Thank you!

C

Calvin Verheijen

Check if it has drivers that need installing. If it does download them on another computer, use a USB flash drive to bring them over and install them.

K

Khang Le

download the drivers or update it

E

Eric Larocque

Sometimes it needs drivers. See if you can find a model number on it anywhere and go from there.

If that still doesn't work, this whole dongle is the wifi card itself, you can go pick up another for him that should work for him just fine for around $40 to $70 Canadian.

D

He has updated it

M

Matthew A. Krula

Buy a Wireless NIC, don’t use a USB wireless, went through 3 all lasting about a month before I wised up. Now I use a Powerline for my connection, would recommend that if you can.

C

Chris Treubig

If you buy another get something more powerful. I have one of these and it's mediocre at best, especially if it's not close to the router.

N

Nitin Misra

Look for a wireless AC adapter if you elect to replace it. Wireless N is outdated now

C

Chris Treubig

How far is the computer from your router? You can probably save money and frustration by running an Ethernet.

C

Cody Travis

The biggest problem with USB wifi adapters is they get hot under load you want to stay wireless get a wireless pci or pcie card much more reliable

S

Sam Delaney

Hi Denise, you dont need to spend a fortune to get a new wireless dongle.

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

would work fine and is quite affordable.

D

Thank you all SO MUCH
Looks like we're going to best buy tomorrow! The computer is in the next room, and nothing has moved since we got it..he said he got home from school and that piece just wouldn't connect!

T

Troy Nichole Murley

Buy a cable and plug it in. Faster speeds anyway

R

Ryn Knze

Google powerline adaptor. Easiest and best solution. Send me a message if you have any questions.

A

Ashab Chowdhury

Just use ethernet

F

Finley Knight

I’d just install a pci wireless card.

G

Gašper Viher

I had a wireless adapter and it literally fried after a few months. Just go with LAN.

M

Marchidan Szabi

Replace.. i have the same not working

A

Aya El Batout

connect it via erhernet xd

S

Steven Goulding

im using the adsact same one it just plugged straight in and worked i mean im running windows 10

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom