Contact advertising [email protected]

Xbox One Hello! Considering getting Ark for my Xbone, so any advice for a prospective new player?

• Thread starter Damien Mitchell
  • Start date
D

Damien Mitchell

Hello! Considering getting Ark for my Xbone, so any advice for a prospective new player?

N

Nina Gadd

1. Don't listen to all the salty people that are about to comment

K

Keith Jackson

Dive straight into official pvp. Youll hate it until you hit lv20 or so but after that its all a breeze. Look at maps to find explorer notes to level up quickly with little work to make the start manageable. Also skip building with thatch, and if you can wood go straight to stone then off to metal

J

Jay Anthoney Olivaz

Lol don't get it till it comes out

J

Jay Anthoney Olivaz

It's a dying game until everything fix servers crashing

S

Skye Moore

Join a dedicated server first, yes they are boosted, but it lets you figure out how things work, don't go straight to official

K

Keith Jackson

Boosted doesnt help you figure the game out. If you play official first and actually experience the grind and appreciate the work that goes into getting things, it can be much more rewarding. That being said official pvp is time consuming so if you cant play often to check your base and stuff you may come back to no base often.

E

Evan Rowe

Pvp is all duped trash right now. You would be wasting your time to do anything in official servers currently.

B

Brad Christian

Don't buy ark

C

Charlii Christina

Don't buy an xbone buy an xbox

S

Samuel Malcolm Mcguire

Buy it just play pvp it's what the game was intended for. Official is the way to go. Dedicated is boring asf.

K

Keath Armstrong

I'm hooked on this i was on pvp initially but quickly got bored switched to pve has its own challenges despite what pvp players think. Ultimately it comes down to what you like in a game and what are you hopping to get from this

it can most definitely be a total bitch hours an weeks of work lost in seconds and for no reason....

BUT

when it works it works and that for me is rewarding as a long term player.

The biggest down side to this game is without doubt from the devs they have 0 communication skills updates/patches are if your lucky a 2 hour warning an they they fuck up a lot an nothing is given aside from the odd x2 events which are a god send but you dont even know they are going on until they are happening so can make raising the big dinos a pain in the ass

if you can live with such thing then its an awesome game i love it

S

Steven Kyle

Dont

A

Avery Andronyk

There's a lot of bugs but it's worth it. dont trust anyone on official. (Not on player servers either but they're less work so if you get insided it doesn't matter). The community for this game is absolute aids but that's part of the charm. You don't truly enjoy running around freely until youve had a character locked in a cage for over 12 hours

K

Keänü Wildiñg

Dont trust the bobs, janes, Annes or Joes..

J

Jordan Fosseneuve

Start playing PvE right away because you'll never get the experience of enjoying the advanced stuff and learning the game without much gorilla warfare going on. Honestly you'll be stuck on the beach just trying to survive and even if you do manage to make it inland your up against more advanced tribes who will most likely raid you and take everything you've worked so hard for. I love PvP don't get me wrong but it wasn't until I played PvE that I became a better survivor because I had already learned how to make advanced material and where to find it. Trust me on this one

Z

Zach O Beirne

Dont ruin the game play playing player dedicated or PVE

single player is a good way to start until u get the basics but you should be finished with it after 2 hours or so. straight to offical pvp and dont give up easily. you will be killed, you will loose what you've worked for but thats the game, try get a tribe stay hidden and grind teh fuck out of gunpowder for when u get turrets. oh and tame a trike dead handy, then go get a wolf or sabertooth then go for a rex there not as scary as they look use the wolf to get prime meat

C

Christina Andrea Towers

Don't eat your own poop no matter how tasty it looks...

B

Bobby Frank

Quit your job and dump ypur girlfriend

R

Robin Cunce

If you want to join a dedi, make sure it's on scorched not the island or the center as the latter two are lucky to last a week before they corrupt

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom