Contact advertising [email protected]

Has anyone here tried modifying an old Mac pro? I'm strongly considering buying one,...

T

Tobias Lysgaard

Has anyone here tried modifying an old Mac pro? I'm strongly considering buying one, making a costum loop with some tweaks to the case itself, perhaps replacing the logo part with some glass. Any suggestions?

N

Nelson Bonoyer

I'd always build a PC haha. I like it my way or the highway

J

James French

Was thinking about it since mate had one

N

Nicklas Ebling Levy Jensen

I had one of those once before modded to fit ATX, not a lot of room inside it after the mod was completed.

C

Cole Zed

the psu will be the hardest part

A

Adam Van Der Breggen

ive wanted to do the same thing, im just waiting for one of those cases to come up thats not scratched to shit or has chipped edges, hard to find good condition, which is weird since theyre desktop computers

J

James Luckhurst

I actually have one of these to repurpose as a mining rig and I can tell you now this is hands down the worst case i have ever seen. The case looks awesome but the internals are absolute proprietary shit. It takes like 2 hours just to get the mobo out. The PSU is proprietary as well and you cant cool your ssd's because there is no rack for them

D

David Denberry

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

M

Madison Cline

Dude we got 3 at work I’m waiting for one to kick the bucket !! They are powerful

J

Jordan Riffe

Ideal mod for that case in my opinion would be micro atx

T

Troy Lewandowski

T

Troy Lewandowski

T

Troy Lewandowski

T

Troy Lewandowski

itx mb
I7 4771
16 gb ram
HD 7970
Ultra x4 750 watt power supply

J

Jack Kilrain

Yeah they go well if you can replace the parts, did mine to be a home server and that shit it is fire. The only thing was a small mod as a couple of brackets for new Koh ting points and some missing to get the PSU to sit correctly. My top would be plan carefully before doing anything, even drawing out a basic schem will make it a lot easier, at least it did for me. Hope that helped

D

Damon Wardwell

I have one of these too

J

JR Eaton

I have the case, use it for something similar to this -
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

A

Antonio Rios

I'm pretty sure linus did on scrapyard wars not sure the episode though

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom