Contact advertising [email protected]

Hands On: Third Time's A Charm With Dragon's Dogma On Switch

News

Staff member
Back to Gransys, yet again.

I've got quite an odd relationship with
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
. When it was originally released on the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 way, way back in 2012, I was fresh off the back of
and was hungry for a similar swords-and-sorcery experience. With its grim fantasy setting and frenetic third-person combat, Capcom's brand-new IP seemed like the perfect successor to sate my thirst – but it proved to be a very different game in terms of mechanics and challenge, and while I didn't fall as head-over-heels in love with it as I did with FromSoftware's often punishing epic, it certainly left a mark.

So much so that when Capcom released Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen (the 2013 expansion to the original game) on the PlayStation 4 in 2017, I decided it was worth making a second trip to the wilds of Gransys to fight goblins, zombies and griffins. To give you some background, I rarely replay a game as convoluted as this; Dragon's Dogma requires tens (if not hundreds) of hours of commitment from the player, and I simply don't have many hours to spare these days. Yet here I am, already tens of hours into Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen on Switch, and I'm still not entirely sure how the game has sunk its hooks so deeply in me.

Read the

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom