Contact advertising [email protected]

Got this comp for Christmas and wanted to upgrade it so I can play AAA games. I’m not...

V

Vincent Vo

Got this comp for Christmas and wanted to upgrade it so I can play AAA games. I’m not knowledgeable in computers so I was wondering if anyone could recommend parts I would need to get to have this PC performing at a decent level.

H

Henry Komelski

SSD first

T

Terry Bell

At the very least you'll need a modern cpu like amd ryzen 5 1600 or Intel I7 6700k. Whixh also requires a new motherboard and RAM, and then SSD

T

Terry Bell

Your video card will be ok for now, albeit on lower settings

E

Emil Sobociński

Cpu to at least a Ryzen 3 1200

Y

Yan Andrukhov

cpu and ram

D

Dominick Esposito

I have a similar build but mine has fx 8320 e. The graphics card is good but only the 4gb ddr5 is better. I play runescape and the graphics are now phenomenal vs any other pc I’ve played on

D

Dustin Gum

Fx is crap

S

Shivanshu Singh

Get a ryzen processor but for that you'll have to swap your motherboard to a b350 or x370 I'll personally vouch for b350 as it's cheaper and provides almost all the features of its upper counter part the x370. After you've decided on the mobo get ryzen cpu maybe a ryzen 3 or 5 as for gaming core count is not as necessary and then youll have to buy ddr4 ram set (at least 16 gb) and two recommendations first an ssd is a must have at least for you boot drive and last but not the least get a graphics card down the line as 2 gig 560 you have now won't be able to keep up with the latest games mostly in higher resolution, I'll recommend at least a rx 580 8 gig if you want to stick with amd or get a gtx 1060 6gig or 1070 or 1070ti ( gtx 1070 and 1070ti prices seems to fluctuate so if you can get a 1070ti for some bucks more go for it or get a 1070, you can't really go wrong as of writing this the newegg pricing is a little bit wonky but I saw a 1070ti for 599 which is a decent deal.)

S

Shivanshu Singh

Also if you like you can switch to Intel altogether, you just have to change you motherboard and cpu and go for the recommendation that I stated on the previous comment. Good luck hope this helps.

S

Scott Pooler

the system is fine to run any current game you want, don't listen to the intel cuck bois, my fps! my fps! the human eye cant even distinguish over 30 fps, you should be good for at least a year or 2 with no upgrade required, if you must, the biggest NOTICEABLE difference you could make would be to add an ssd for the OS, unless you feel the need to spend a mountain of cash for no reason. you dont need a Ferrari to get groceries.

C

Chérie Pope

I agree on picking up a SSD and getting a DDR3 16GB dual channel ram kit since 8GB is ok but its the minimum. I had a similar build before I did a entire rebuild last week. The cpu will be decent for most games but you may have very slight lag issues in regards to mmorpgs or other games which utilize high cpu usage at times. You have the choice to upgrade to a 8 core FX cpu like a FX 8350. If this was not a brand new computer then I would say rebuild with a Ryzen chip just from the cost performance gain. I played games with a FX 4300 for years until I wanted better performance in mmorpg raids and pvp oriented games but it did 60 fps in most single player games set on high and at least 30-40 on ultra settings. A lot of people will recommend replacing the cpu with the newest line but it will require a new motherboard, DDR4 ram and a non OEM Windows 10 license which can set you back some $400-$500. I would try to get a few years out of this with slight changes unless you want to do a full system rebuild.

N

Nicholas Thomas

New CPU, Better GPU, at least 16gb Ram

J

Jeff Brookes

And if you get overwhelmed with all the parts with keeping track, use pc part picker site to keep it all together. It's a nice site that will tell you if you have parts that won't work with each other and also total wattage being used

K

Kyler Dyakanoff

Don't listen to them get a black fx8 series and a GTX 1050 and you'll be set

P

Paul Gareth Lewis

Lmao basically everyone here is say bin what you got and buy a new pc

A

Adelexis Peace Colón

How much can you spend?

J

Jonnathon Clayton

to get the most proformance you can without replacing the whole thing you need a FX8350 cpu ~$100 and a GTX 1050TI ~$160 or GTX 1060 3GB ~ $220 or 6GB ~$280 depending on your budget

D

Devin Bless

Don’t listen to everyone trying to make you spend booku bucks
Those specs are decent. No doubt !
You can run a majority of games on the market at decent to high settings.

J

Jacob Johnson

i feel bad for you

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom