Contact advertising [email protected]

Got my parts an hour ago but trying to figure out how to ground myself if i dont have...

R

Ralph Hovsepian

Got my parts an hour ago but trying to figure out how to ground myself if i dont have that anti static thing and my psu doesnt have a switch button any help?

S

Sam Tonks

Touch the metal screw on a socket front

M

Mike Dalton

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

R

Ralph Hovsepian

Got an idea. If i turn this off and plug it in and touch the metal will it work?

D

Derick Duncan

Wear latex gloves

S

Shane Wofford

Put on wool socks, shuffle across carpet, build pc.

C

Christopher Chen

I'm not sure what your post means by not having a switch but you don't really need one. You just need a way to ground yourself.

To ground yourself you simply need your psu to have a grounding (3 prong) wire and to be plugged in but not necessarily turned on. If you simply touch your chassis or the psu shell directly your body will discharge into the conductive metal and then be grounded through the grounding wire.

A

Alan Mc Enroe

I just touch either the radiator or kitchen sink before I start as both are grounded...keep the Mobo on top of the box and work away should be fine...I have a strap but way to awkward to work with

B

Becoming Godsize

Put your foot in bucket of water and drop a hairdryer in it make sure the hairdryer is plugged in and turned on for maximum antistatic

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom