Contact advertising [email protected]

EDIT: Thanks for your responses, people. Turns out it was my fault. I added another...

R

Raza Vakil

EDIT: Thanks for your responses, people. Turns out it was my fault. I added another socket extender into the already existing extender for adding other electrical devices. As soon as I removed the extender the mic no longer gives me the jolts. It's weird but it's true. Other peripherals probably didn't jolt me even with the extender inside extender because they were made out of plastic.

Hey guys I currently have this Newwer NW800 mic that I just started using. As you can see it has a metal body. Now it's connected to my PC which is on the ground (no carpet, just stone tiles) and there doesn't seem to be a grounding issue since my headphones, and other usb devices that I plug in seem to be working fine. However whenever I try to hold the mic I get electric jolts. Is it normal? I have ordered a mic stand so I won't need to hold to use it much longer but I do not want to run into any issues due to this particular problem. Your help is appreciated

PS: I tried connecting the mic from both the front and the rear audio jacks and the issue persists.

M

Matt Collins

This is just a guess, but it's probably caused by that adapter going from XLR to 3.5mil aux. One of the 3 pins for XLR is intended for grounding the signal and blocking electrical distortion. I would look into getting an audio interface, like the focusrite scarlet for example, to connect the mic via USB instead.

M

Michael Von Schumann

You don't need to spend a fortune on an interface for a basic condenser mic, such as the scarlett. I'm currently using an MXL 990 condenser (~£80) running through a Behringer U-Phoria UMC22 (£35 on Amazon) and it does the job perfectly

T

Tyler Bradley

I have the same mic, not sure what your issue is. But I extremely recommend that you buy an external power supply or the phantom power they call it, gets rid of like 90 percent of static and makes it louder and more clear

J

Justin Imperial

idk why thats happening but if its brand new. id just return that. dealing with an issue on a brand new mic is just a hassle. a blue yeti is a really good choice and a fave choice of youtubers and streamers alike if you're willing to spend on a good quality mic. i bought the cheaper blue snowball ice tho for 50 bucks. really good quality too.

I

Ian Daniel

i have the usb ver. one i just plug it in directly to my pc no interface needed, no problem at all.

R

Reece Goddard

If you are getting zapped by it. Why would you not return it

P

Paul Honey

Have your tried measuring with a multimeter the voltage variance if any between your case and the microphone? This may assist with finding whether is a dc leak or ac leak

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom