Contact advertising [email protected]

Came across a peculiar thing with my motherboard LED temperature display. Could use...

G

Gage Allen

Came across a peculiar thing with my motherboard LED temperature display. Could use some help.

CPU temperature display moving erratically at random times. Within one second it'll jump 15 degrees then back down.

Only thing I've done is replace the front case panel and set the RAM to 3000hz, yet for whatever reason it was after the RAM that I noticed this happening.

Important Specs:
X299 Gaming Carbon Pro AC SLI Plus MOBO
Intel i7 7820x CPU
GTX 1080ti (Have used two before)
Obsidian 750D Case
120mm EVGA Liquid CPU cooler

Any ideas on what I should check that I might've missed?

M

Micheal Martin

Look into the X299 platform it's known for this type of crap, especially if you have an overclock on it.

G

Gage Allen

I might help to mention I also removed the blu-ray drive during the front panel installation, then re-installed it.

H

Harley Curran

My 7700k at idle will hop about between 28c and 50c as well my 6700k and 4790k did the same all under a custom loop

B

Brian Cranford

My 4790k does the same, delidded with new paste, still does the same

A

Andy Mason

Question? Why do you think or why have you got your motherboard error display, displaying your cpu temp.

H

Hassan Basel

idk man it might be the sensor having some issues because so many people have this problem it's ok man idk if it's that big of a deal

R

Rion Moreland

Temp spikes are normal. Not a big deal

G

Gage Allen

Thanks everyone for all the help! It sounds like it might just be the memory increase that caused this, and it could've messed the sensor or software a tad. No big deal though since it seems to be running fine :)

J

Joshua Wright

Like the aio on your cpu, I have the same one.

W

William R. Díaz Torres

#Pcmasterrace

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom