Contact advertising [email protected]

Xbox One Because everyone loves to scream about how shitty ark servers are. You’re playing a...

C

Cam Drain

Because everyone loves to scream about how shitty ark servers are. You’re playing a AAA game that took years to make by a company that isn’t even an A title developing company. Making a game this size takes years, in those years technology became better, and unreal engine did some major upgrades, which apparently wildcard did not go with. Thus they can’t utilize all the servers cores/threads that would make the game run immensely smoother/less laggy. For everyone that just says “optimize the game” it’s not that easy. They “say they are trying to utilize more cores but it takes a lot of time, and effort from experts in the field (mind you most devs have specific jobs like gameplay programmers or engine programmers.) it’s that or they would have to upgrade to the new engine which would probably result in a lot of new bugs, and a lot more time, devs, and money... in no way am I defending wildcard, I just want the community to be more informed.

L

Lily Grace Dixon

Where was this from, please? Would like to read the whole article :)

K

Khal Möhle

Thank you for this post!

B

Brandon Kilian

You have to be an A rated company to reliably give out information and give your customers what they want?

B

Brandon Kilian

No one cares about the lag. People care about the game as a whole and how they're changing it

B

Blake Ballard

But legacy had no problem with lag like rag has now

A

Andrew Hunt

But they should fix undermapping at the very least. A game preview with undermapping is understandable but to have a disc released game with such a glitch in it is insane.

A

Alexandra Dembie

My issue is that the game runs worse than it did in the past. If they're using an outdated version of unreal they need to accept its limits and not keep adding more content than the game can handle. Now with the amount of content it's just even harder to optimize.

R

Richard Berry

For a totally open world game that does as much as this game... it’s far from broken. Most of it works really well. This game is extremely ambitious.

I would take these issues over the nonsense I’ve dealt with in other games I love from developers like Bethesda. Remember when Arkham Knight wouldn’t even run on a PC. Ark is not exceptionally bad. It’s just so good that all the flaws are glaringly bad. lol... you’ll all buy that, wont you?

R

Robby Adkins

They should get rid of the pego the itchygornis the troodon if there only using 2 threads they fucked them selves for not understanding how each part works together what's the point of having top of the line equipment if you you don't have the software to run it properly at full release with all the ai and content we have now you should be using atleast 12 of those 16 threads then the game would be running smother all the other issues come from the Xbox one and x lack of processing power

S

Sheldon Clark

Maybe devs shoulda pulled out, now they tryin to fight the support? Lol. Lucky the judicial system isn't involved. We'd all be getting server support

K

Kai Kinder

Another thing for ya'll to keep in mind is that the Xbox one doesn't take much of the load client side, whether or not this is a console optimisation issue or its because it's underpowered but I can say that based in my experience with hosting a server on a MUCH less powerful server than those used (think 3.2ghz quad core x2 and 16gb RAM) is that having a machine powerful/optimised enough to play on makes a surprising amount of different, to test this in more detail I logged into my server at a friend's house, he was running a 2.4ghz cpu dual core with 4gb RAM and a 2gb gfx card, it lagged to absolute shit at my medium sized base yet the server stats were displaying a stable server frame rate of 60fps and steady ping response, my pc on the other hand has only ever lagged out on that server when someone left 300+ Dino on wander in a base and were constantly breeding... And my rig is perfectly capable of playing epic quality at 85fps+

C

Campbell Cooper

By the time its all fixed a new game alot better will come out lmao

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom