Contact advertising [email protected]

Anybody with multiple gpus here. Specifically my set up has a 1080ti for dedicated 4k...

B

Bennett W. David

Anybody with multiple gpus here. Specifically my set up has a 1080ti for dedicated 4k gaming. It is hooked into my Acer Predator monitor as the only monitor. I have a Radeon HD 7700 for multi monitor displays. Now when I run a video on youtube I see both GPUs processing 3d and decoding video in my task manager. Is there a way to isolate media to one GPU so that my 1080ti will remain idle. One idea for the future would be to run virtualization with a host os and do gpu-passthrough to my win10 partition, which is actually the idea behind this build anyway. I just work to much so currently I just have win10 running with both cards active.

S

Stuart Tonks

Should be which ever GPU has the screen connected to it. How many screens do you have to require the HD 7700?

B

Bennett W. David

A part of the problem appears to be that i had a window of ff on each monitor, so that escalated the usage. Right now they are both stable real low. But the 1080ti still seems to be processing something.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom