Contact advertising [email protected]

Switch 2 years ago on July 11th, Mr. Satoru Iwata passed away at the young age of 55. The...

B

Bella Hale

2 years ago on July 11th, Mr. Satoru Iwata passed away at the young age of 55.

The day he passed, so many gamers were devastated. I know I was. He was the face of Nintendo, and he made it silly and fun. From puppet presentations to staring at bananas, Iwata just wanted to entertain us and bring us joy.

When we remember Iwata, there are his accomplishments and contributions to our beloved Nintendo series, that also should remind us of him whenever we play them. Whether it's Kirby, Pokemon, or even old Wii and DS games, there is so much he contributed so greatly into Nintendo, that these wouldn't be the same without him.

To this day he is still truly missed. A lot of us wish he could see the life of the switch.

From all of us on the Nintendo switch Facebook team, Thank you Mr. Iwata.

S

Shota Naro

A legend to the industry oh yeah everyone was In shock he saved a lot of games from not coming out a very talented programmer who still loved to do it on the side he took pay cuts to keep people from loosing their jobs was so sad when I heard him died at work I was in tears on the inside I was like no way he looked like he was feeling better he did look skinny from the cancer but yeah damn cancer can suck my balls

J

Jimmy Tracie Knotts

He is definitely missed !

J

Jacob Stafford

R

Rolando Royster

RIP Mr. Iwata. You brought joy to so many people. I wish you could've lived to see how amazing The Switch turned out.

R

Ron Jon

He gave us joy, and now we must pass on that joy.. con.. #RIP..

M

Melvin Glover Jr.

Ah, that day was miserable for me, I had an online Smash Bros Match going and when everyone I was playing with got the news, we stopped it, and spent all day talking about his achievements on FB, I was hurt to my heart.

A

Alexander Georges Hourani

Arthur Stoubidis

M

Marc Re Percussion

His spirit lives on in nintendo :)

N

Naiko Puntigliano

This is the kind of person that is essential in the industry, sadly he's gone, a creative who cares about the games and the innovation and truly understands what all of this is about.

J

Josiah Boutte

On my birthday he passed away :(

T

Trevor Applebaum

I met him at e3 2012, he was humble and wise and offered words of wisdom a plenty.

J

Jason Cameron

I loved that man. A wonderful human being. Miss him a lot.

E

Evan Marks

I was devastated

V

Vaclav Kuzelka

He should be a saint :'( I miss him so much, Nintendo Direct is not the same, Nintendo is not the same.

A

Alex Hoosz

This man was a perfect example of finding a passion and loving what you do as a career. "If you love what you do then you never work a day in your life."

V

Vaclav Kuzelka

I feel the same way. I love my job and that's why I don't consider it as work, it is more of a hobby that I am being paid for

J

John-Vincent Troiano

Legend!

M

Michael Eric Setzer

*bows* Thank you Iwata-san for being OUR gamer at heart!

C

Christopher Burkett

He is truly a legend. A corporate big shot but still willing to do anything to help out programmers and games in general. He is missed immensely.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom