Contact advertising [email protected]

Switch Who believes that a digital copy should be say $10-$15 cheaper than a physical copy? I...

J

James McCord

Who believes that a digital copy should be say $10-$15 cheaper than a physical copy? I believe digital version should be lower due to the fact that you can't resale or trade in digital copies imo

E

Erina Snow

indeed

M

Mario Abad

Agreed

H

Hari Edson

And they make money from us buying digital because there isn't manufacturing costs (cartridges and cases)

M

Michael Travis

Trading it in and reselling it are irrelevant to devs lol digital should be $5-$10 less max

M

Matt Steffens

Hear Hear!

C

Cousineau Wolfmanduff

They only do it so they don't undercut the actual stores and mom and pop game shops it has been discussed at length with most gaming companies and ones almost all purchases are made online they will probably be cheaper

R

Richard Poillucci

I agree it's not like they need any production support

A

Adam Locke

Eh. The money saved in not manufacturing a cartridge has to be reinvested in encryption because pirates have decided we cannot have nice things. SorryZ

A

Adrian Chan

Retail stores would kick off if it happened

M

Matt Ditter

Meh. You're getting the same game whether you get it on a cartridge or not. I think it's fair that they are letting players choose which format they prefer without being penalized either way for that choice.

M

Mario Rex Ferrara

This would literally kill the physical video game market. Boo this man

E

Eric Pina

Agree

S

Steven Mabee

For sure! That is one of the reasons I don't like digital games. You don't get the collectability of something physical to put on the shelf, and you can't resell it later if you don't want it anymore. They definitely need to be cheaper than a physical copy.

D

Dan Olejniczak

That, and production costs for physical media isn't there.

A

Andrew K Hosaka

There's also no middle man to charge for the production and sales...

D

Dan Olejniczak

It's also funny that I see digital games remain at full price, while their physical versions go on sale or drop in price. Makes no sense.

A

Angela Goodall

So you are saying the devs should compensate you because you can't resell it and make money on their product instead of them? Hmmm...

D

David LaLau

It doesn't matter what we think it won't change what the companies want to get paid.

F

Fernando Enrique Andrade II

Maybe $5 cheaper but yeah I agree

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom