Contact advertising [email protected]

Switch This is truly one of the greatest games of ALL time. Its story involves a girl (the...

• Thread starter Abdulai Mbamusa Turay
  • Start date
A

Abdulai Mbamusa Turay

This is truly one of the greatest games of ALL time. Its story involves a girl (the main protagonist) trying to deal with her depression, anxiety and other negative emotions that have manifested into an entity (doppelganger) she must confront. As one of the greatest platformers I have ever played, its story is as equally brilliant. Hitting on heavy topics in a real way, the dialogue around these topics is seamless and organic in its execution. It can easily be adapted into a Netflix series or a motion picture film. Depression and anxiety are ills that are seemingly endemic to our generation. This game offers a bit of a nuanced approach to the overall discussion, along with an unforgiving yet addictive gameplay style that will have you frustrated and in awe at times. It will also certainly invoke emotion, which is what makes it especially unique and brilliant. 10/10. I also enjoy the fact that the protagonist is female. This is something that is still unfortunately uncommon in the gaming industry. ⭐⭐ ⭐⭐

M

Mario Rex Ferrara

Easily top 5 game of all time for me. The platforming is some of the best and most creative but the story is what really moved me. Soundtrack is maybe the best ever. It’s a masterpiece

G

Gabriel Goes

WHOA let's not get too carried away here folks, at least give it some time to see how it ages and how your perception of it develops as you play more of it, listen to different opinions regarding the game, etc.

A

Abdulai Mbamusa Turay

That’s fair, however, this condition wasn’t really extended to games like Odyssey or BOTW. The verdict is in on most game media platforms. I’m not sure it’s much of a stretch to give it this distinction.

S

Steve Naranjo

MAN, NOW I REALLY WANNA PLAY THIS.

Definitely my next purchase.

A

Andrew Harvey

I am in love with Celeste, too. The platforming is top notch, but who would have thought the story would be this good?? And tonight I was playing along and had the most captivating boss battle sequence that I've played in ages. Really A+++ game worth every last cent.

J

Justin McGowan

I wish I could :( it looks so amazing but sound is very important to me and the "voices" are insufferable.

W

Will Bartos

I'm probably one of the few that won't sing super high praises of this game. Don't get me wrong - I really like the story, but the precision platforming doesn't...fit the narrative. You get this girl who is trying to deal with her feelings and depression and whatnot that manifests into a physical form, and then you get Super Meat Boy precision platforming - which lead to a 1,003 death count by the time it was all said and done for me.

I overcame that because I'm a masochist and understand how that stuff works, but it doesn't mean half my vocabulary used during my playthrough wasn't a swear word. If someone doesn't have patience for this game it might not be for them...but it is a good game for people to watch.

D

Daymien Bona

i'm not really into these types of games

R

Ruben de Boer

Frans Brok

F

Frans Brok

Ja moeten we toch kopen

C

Charlotte Maynard

Great game had it about 2 days and already have 12 hours

N

Nathan Simpson

Finished it last night. Level design is superb, presentation and sound are superb and the mechanics are some of the very tightest in platforming history. It's impressive how much variety there is in gameplay considering the only extra ability is the dash.

P

Paul Grathwohl Jr.

It's a masterpiece, best indie game I've ever played and definitely in my top 10 games all time

J

Jesse Osborne

This game also sold better on switch than all other platforms

T

Tim Ceaser

Hmm, I might have to pick that up sometime

J

Jesse Osborne

I heard someone say Night in the Woods was being overshadowed by a meatboy clone lol i really wanna play it but I wait for a sale for most games. The Celeste reviews were just too gopd though & i agree 100% n glad i got it

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom