Contact advertising [email protected]

Requires 300 Series chipset. Some confusion still lies though because it seems the...

J

Jason Proctor

Requires 300 Series chipset.

Some confusion still lies though because it seems the socket is still LGA 1151, but it is the Integrated Graphics that requires a 300 Series chipset. Does this mean it can be used on a 100 or 200 Series as long as external Graphics are used? ‍♂

O

Omar Fakroun

We'll have to wait till it comes out I guess

N

Nathan Wilce

No.

N

Nathan Wilce

Wheres it say its only the graphics

B

Barry Siemons

It says on the box.... Requires 300 series.

N

Nathan Wilce

Doesnt say its only for graphics...

J

Jason Proctor

Why are the other lines not highlighted?

D

Dave Steven Edwards

The IGP is part of the CPU die, I fail to see the requirement of a 300 series chipset, even if its just for the IGP, is anything more than a firmware lock on "lesser" chipsets. Also lol "Two-Channel DDR4", the correct terminology is "Dual-Channel", intel. The lol is followed by a Derp as well "For a great VR experience". Well, actually no intel.. the great VR experience comes from a good GPU, not the CPU and its crappy Iris 630 IGP.

B

Blake Fasse

I read somewhere that it needs a new chipset because there are going to be actual gains in performance compared to Kaby Lake

J

Jose Gonzalez

Oh bummer, guess I won't be upgrading any time soon. I have no interest in a new motherboard and I like quicksync.

S

Sayed Shimanto

I have a feeling ppl will again start buying i3 & i5 8th gen a lot

A

Assassian Aryan

Need that

J

James Huggins

Hopefully u can just install it on a 200 series board and the integrated gpu won't work..

R

Rory Ashton Savage

I think it will work on a z270, but "not supported".

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom