Contact advertising [email protected]

Probably a noob question but here goes.... Today I recieved my new 3tb HDD, currently...

• Thread starter Dylan Dizo Trevaskis
  • Start date
D

Dylan Dizo Trevaskis

Probably a noob question but here goes.... Today I recieved my new 3tb HDD, currently I have 2 x 1tb drives, one with windows, the other with media, both are almost full (my windows drive is basically stuffed with steam games), question is, if I start copying my media data to the new 3tb HDD, will I be able to install windows on it later? Or will I have to format it again?........ Also, if I do install windows on the 3tb, will I later be able to move my steam games over from the 1tb (with windows) to the 3tb? (would also have windows and will be acting as my boot drive) iow, will my PC let me read both hdd's and let me cut and paste when both of them have windows?

S

Sami Mohammad

You need to create partition on your new drive. Just leave one empty for windows. Fill the rest with whatever you want doesn't matter what it is unless it's another windows hehe. Windows will let you access both drive. But it'll only boot from the drive that has windows. If both of them has OS on them then you'll get a prompt at startup. That's it.

Z

Zack Denson

Personally I'd just plug the new drive in and enjoy the extra storage no need to change what works ya know

D

Dylan Dizo Trevaskis

Sami Mohammad thanks bro, exactly what I needed to know, how big is windows 10 64bit? Just so I can calculate the size of the partition I need for Windows + my steam games

D

Dylan Dizo Trevaskis

Zack Denson, I get what you saying but the new drive is 7200rpm, compared to my 2 old WD greens it's gna be way faster since they are like 5 years old and run 5200rpm

W

William Frank Castle

How the hell do you have 2TB of data?
I've got 1.6TB of storage space and have over 50% left.

D

Dylan Dizo Trevaskis

My GTA v game folder alone is sitting at 120+ gigs with my mods

J

Johnny Nguyen

Dylan Dizo Trevaskis you can use something like easeus to clone your current os drive to the 3tb hard drive and change your boot drive to the 3tb from the bios. Nothing will change except your c drive will now be 3tb instead of 1

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom