Contact advertising [email protected]

Switch Opinion: What do you think would of happened if Nintendo never broke it's deal with...

J

John Wolf

Opinion: What do you think would of happened if Nintendo never broke it's deal with Sony to create the CD attachment for the super famicon instead of partnering with Philips? Would their relationship had been successful and continued well into the future with hypothetically all the PlayStation exclusives that would out appearing on Nintendo consoles and thus making Nintendo essentially the Disney of the videogame market. Or would have the partnership had eventually ended resulting in the creation of the PlayStation a little later. Thoughts?

M

Matt Louden

Hmm would have probably resulted in a merger at one point or another, or Nintendo buying out Sony's video game division at some point.

J

J.D. Hall

Sega would still be a relevant console company

T

Tam Nguyen

Sony is a big company so I think the deal will end later anw, they just need someone from the industry to show them how it work.

A

Andrew Norman

I think the snes cd would have ended up like the sega cd..
A niche product at best

But it might have led into them collaborating on the Nintendo Playstation as their joint 32bit venture

J

Jason Kay

I don't think Sony would have invested as much in opening their own game studios or buying out others if they didn't have their own console while Nintendo would have done much better with the cheaper and bigger cd to use to make bigger games instead of cartridges and with less competition they would draw more game studios. I imagine Sony would eventually create a new console and have a much harder time to succeed but eventually getting to where they are now.

B

Bayram J. Gascot Hernández

Theres really no telling. In a world where the Playstation would have been Nintendo's console, I have no idea what would have happened, given how Nintendo does business vs how Sony does.

A

Andrew Defty

Sony would have still made their console, Nintendo would have still built the N64 and history would be the same with Nintendo doing what others fear to do... Yup! Innovate!

G

George Moore

I personally think all Nintendo franchises would have died off and Sony / Square would have ruled the gaming market.

As much as I hate the Philips CDi (and its Zelda games lmao) it was a good move to keep Nintendo’s independence..

E

Eddy Nguyen

Ff7 on n64

E

Eddy Nguyen

Earthbound64 was quest n64 by the way friends

R

Rod Burgundy

Nintendo would not exist. Sony had all rights to profits from non-cartridge games. They would have eventually surpassed Nintendo as the big player and absorbed the company. Nintendo would probably have ended up being a game-only producer, like Sega.

A

Andrew Norman

Incidentally Sony approached Sega about building a 32bit cd console together. Sega of Japan was set on their Saturn plans however

C

Collier Godfrey

If you thinks the Sega 32X looks ridiculous, Imaging what a CD attachment to the blocky OG SNES would look like... ugh... I think they all did the right thing. YouTube Poop would basically not exist if it weren’t for the CD-i and it’s terrible Nintendo IP games, and YTP has helped me through some of the tougher times in my life, lol.

I

Isaac Howard

Ay ur in both groups!

D

Donald Woody

Part of the deal was that after the CD attachment Sony would be able to make their own product so they would of still made PlayStation.

C

Craig Mc

Nintendo *is* the Disney of the video game market? I think competition has been good for both companies and Nintendo has always done better with cartridges than CDs anyway!!! (Exc. Wii which is exempt from all gaming rules)

E

Essam Abbasi

Sony would screw over Nintendo anyway. That was their plan!

M

Martin Joubarne

Yeah nintendo is nintendo because of there choices and innovation in gaming consoles, it would probably suck if it was affiliated with sony . Ps i am a sony hater lmao:)

G

G.D. Roberts

Nintendo would likely have become a software only provider for Sony hardware.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom