Contact advertising [email protected]

Okay I feel that I need to say something about people's opinions towards video cards...

T

Terry Bell

Okay I feel that I need to say something about people's opinions towards video cards used for mining. While I don't mine cryptocurrency myself I have messed around with it in the past and can tell you that a video card used in mining is normally undervolted and underclocked and receives less stress than one used in a gaming machine. Now while they do run multiple hours or days at a time they are still running slower and less hot than a card in a gaming setup. Also using a card does not degrade the life of the card that's just not how it works. So all you people who are bitching about cheap cards being dumped on the market after people tear down their mining rigs don't listen to people who tell you that these cars are useless because they've been used in mining they will actually have been less stressed then the card that I use for playing my games.

T

Terry Bell

And I think the biggest thing to take away from this is that simply using a card does not shorten the lifespan of that card if that were the case cards used for gaming would die long before cards used for mining

D

Dominick Buffaline

It does shorten life because mining is 24h a day and gaming on the high side is 16h not all of that is under full load

C

Cameron Horbal

I call bs

T

Terry Bell

Please learn how electricity works. Even basic theory

C

Christian Agustin

the best way to back up your statement is to run a test/experiment. buy two identical gpu, 1 for mining and 1 for games.

R

Richard Sanders

I would be willing to bet the life span of the card even used 24/7 its far longer than its useful period to be used for max settings in contemporary games

W

Will Anthony Pellicci

dude. stfu.

T

Terry Bell

Lol I wouldn't expect a California liberal to understand simple logic. So go ahead and move on

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom