Contact advertising [email protected]

Okay help me out here guys. My biggest gray area is in the CPU. Right now I am running...

C

Cody Pierce

Okay help me out here guys. My biggest gray area is in the CPU. Right now I am running at 4.1 ghz on an eight core amd fx 8320. 95% of what I do is game. Can someone explain to me what is better for gaming? Dual core, single, quad, six... etc. Or does it honestly matter. Is what I'm running now suitable until the next big CPU hits? I'm waiting before I upgrade up from 1050 ti and my 8320. I do have more room to OC as well, only at 45C under load at 4.1.

S

Sam Gibbons

You should be fine hanging on to your current one tbh. The old amd 8 cores weren't the best but they're adequate for most games and gpus. I hear that the new Intel i5 6 core is the sweet spot right now, better single core performance than yours and has 6 full cores for multi threaded applications to take advantage of.

D

David Quinn

If your gaming yeah the CPU is getting old bit a OC will help get it to 4.3 if you can.

P

Peter Quinn

I'd want to just get a new CPU if I had an fx-series, they're just massively crap if I'm honest..

P

Peter Quinn

For the record, I'd be looking at an i5-8400 if you wanted a nice budget-ish range cpu.

S

Saad Waheed

go for a ryzen 5 1400

A

A.J. Ray

Fx series isnt as bad as everyone makes them out to be. I just sold my old pc that had a 8350 oc to 4.5. And a evga 1050 ti sc, and that thing was pretty bad ass. For example i was able to play the evil within 2 on mostly high settings and stream at the same time. Now i wasnt getting 60 fps of course , stayed around 45-50. Still i was surprised at how well it held up. So honestly i would say wait if you can for the next gen. But if your impatient like me I'd recommend a ryzen 5 1600x or any of the ryzen 7. But if you feel like going intel then go coffee lake like someone said above

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom