Contact advertising [email protected]

Xbox One Okay guys, lets talk about admin abuse. I would really like to know your opinion about...

K

Khal Möhle

Okay guys, lets talk about admin abuse. I would really like to know your opinion about what's admin abuse to you. Obviously using admin commands to their advantage, sure.
But me being on a million different servers, I saw many ways of said admin
abuse:
1. The admin who just uses some commands to troll people, ghost in their base to watch them, Spawns bosses on the map randomly etc.
2. The admin who just is a little bit to lazy to do small things. He spawns in outlets or spyglasses, if he needs them and forgot them in base. Just small things everyone could get.
3. The admin who Spawns in op BPs and stuff but trying to hide it well so no one recognizes it. But still has ascendant saddles on all his Dino's.
4. The admin who is bad in PvP and needs to compensate that with wiping players in god and ghost, spawning in Soakers with crazy high level and what not.

I would like to hear your opinions on every type of listed admin, if you've played with them at some point. And if you can live with some kind of abuse, or if all kinds would stop you from playing, if you find it out.

Please don't give out any names, don't start hating each other. Thank you!

M

Morgan Haley

Well I use ghost to troll people lol. Last year during Christmas I went ghost and painted everything red and white in people bases. I also spawned in 3 deep sea loot drops in each one as a Christmas present lol.

M

Morgan Haley

I will say I am an avid believer that if the host or admin doesn't pvp they have the right to ghost into bases as long as they don't mess with anything. My favorite part of hosting is seeing people's builds.

T

Toni Whitmore

I go to spectator spawn jerboas or dodos then leave loot crates.

Paint people’s Dino’s while they’re offline

Cut people’s hair

Give them tattoos

If I’m building and someone come over to me I drop the mats that I’ve collected by tearing things down etc.

If that’s admin abuse then damn I’m horrible lol.

T

Toni Whitmore

I also give out free fert eggs if I have any.

I’ll also do dino drops at obs where I’ll give out 5 or so free Dino’s to the first people who get there

N

Nick Monnier

Admin abuse is admin abuse everyone is going to see it differently (cheap plug incoming) if you see any admin abuse take a vid and be rewarded

M

Morgan Haley

Where did he ask for your advert? Wtf is wrong with people these days.

N

Nick Monnier

I know fucking assholes

E

Eric Jensen

How about if I pay for the server that you play on I do what ever the fuck I want also my friends can do what ever the fuck they want and if you don’t like then go fuck your self

M

Morgan Haley

Wow what that population like Eric?

M

Morgan Haley

But your right it's your server. Maybe you should let everyone know that your going to do what ever you want before they invest time in it though.

D

Darryl Cummings

H

Holly Moore

I say abuse is using commands to attack your players, or negatively impact their play. But some individuals who have played my server have been so kind as to inform me that any commands used that were not cleaning or maintaining the server were ABUSIVE. Like my Tek, 150 breeding dinos, and flying unicorn... these individuals got to ride on my unicorn’s forehead.
JK, I don’t PvP on my server as admin ‍♀ you think people would be grateful.

R

Rob Brookshaw

Had some bitch change my character name because I breached her base.

Yea that pissed me off lol...

H

Holly Amber Bristow

My opinion on admin abuse is using commands to wipe tribes (I don't think they should be used unless rules have been broken or they are causing problems)
Spawning little things in I don't find it admin abuse as it's there server that there running so they should be able to spawn that stuff in. Obviously if there claiming that it's all legit and it's on day like 10 or something then that's a different story.

A

Alexis McLeod

1. Yes

2. Yes - if he is playing as part of PVP in his his server. If he's supposedly playing legitimate, he shouldn't even have his admin activated. Give him an alt to play that way on.

3. Yes, again, if he is playing, raiding, and trading as apart of the server.

4. YES. Fuckin' hate that the most.

On my server, admins are PVE and are not allowed to give out or sell anything they own. They can spawn any item and dinos up to 150. If they have godly items or stuff on their body, they have to get rid of it or put it somewhere no one else could get to. No one is to raid the admins. No admins are to raid.

Two of my admins have alternate accounts for legitimate play. It's a matter of trust. One is my boyfriend who sits and plays Ark next to me. The other, I've known him a long time. He is honest and hates cheating when playing legit; he'd burn himself out if he did any of the above. I've already gone through one admin who did not follow my rules, so it's just a matter of checking in on people and listening to my community on this. No one has had problems so far.

T

Tyler Dean Allen

I build for the server with one alt I admin with a second an third is legit

W

Westeros Rising

As host myself since March 2016 and now running 3 servers in a cluster with 2 more being added to our realms in December picking an admin team is always a challenge. The temptation to "cheat" with codes it great.. And I have certainly had to ban a few admins in my time. However there is a fine line between abuse and just salty players that cannot play by hosts rules. Hosting is hard work and sometimes can be a full time job and is certainly not free either purchasing more Xboxes or rentals via a 3rd party. Put simply admin abuse is one party using codes to benefit another player/themselves or a tribe in an effort that amends the balance of power within a community.

J

Jesse Pickel

I like to drop unanimated bodies in peoples bases

C

Carrigan Sevedge

There’s also the admins that verbally abuse (new players and other admins)... I’ve had to deal with a few of those before.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom