Contact advertising [email protected]

Switch OK, so with Xenoblade Chronicles 2 coming out next Friday, I thought it would be a...

M

Matthew Denvir

OK, so with Xenoblade Chronicles 2 coming out next Friday, I thought it would be a good idea to show you guys something that I own that I'm not 100% sure was released outside of the UK, so here goes.

As some of you know, Xenoblade Chronicles came into recognition due to a massive fan campaign called "Operation Rainfall", whose goal was for Nintendo to release 3 massive JRPG's on the Wii outside of Japan:

Xenoblade Chronicles
The Last Story
And Pandora's Tower.

Due to the massive feedback, Nintendo finally listened to us and released the games in Europe before America.

Now, you're familiar with Club Nintendo, right? Where you got these codes on your game manual that if you registered them, you would get points added to your Nintendo account where you could use them to get exclusive rewards or the occasional discount of a game.

This is where the 3 Operation Rainfall games come in.

In the UK, before the release of the final game in the "OR" trilogy, Pandora's Tower, Nintendo were doing a limited sale on their website, where if you registered all 3 Operation Rainfall games on their website, you would get a box with 3 coins with each of the 3 Operation Rainfall games logos etched on them.

I remembered it took a couple of months after registering the games for it to be released, but they did make it eventually and it's one of my most treasured items I got from Nintendo.

Just curious if anyone else from the UK got these coins back in the day, or if anyone outside of the UK managed to snag these items.

Just one more week to go for Xenoblade Chronicles 2!

J

Josh Brown

Wow. That's neat. I had no idea those even existed. I'm still trying to get my hands on a copy of Pandora's Tower and The Last Story.

P

Paul Tanney

Nice. I have all 3 games but had no idea they made these coins.

S

Steven Kaminellis

the last story im honest opinion is the FF13 we should of got but man i wish the studio behind that would make another console game instead of endless mobile games

M

Micahel Bowman Jr.

how u get that

A

Andrew Courser

i have all 3 of those games as well not the coins tho...

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom