Contact advertising [email protected]

Ok so i have a question and surely there is a work around. I just purchased a new...

A

Aaron Caskey

Ok so i have a question and surely there is a work around. I just purchased a new house and it is quite large (4400sqft) my main computer is on one end of the house 1st floor, and wanting to set up second machine on opposite end of house on second floor. Both rooms have ‘cable’ hookup for modem/router, however comcast says that i cannot have 2 modems due to be being a residential customer and only allowed one IP address. Is there a way i can maybe hook up 2 modems and use same ip, or do i need to run ethernet through the walls and shit to manually hook up second modem to first. I have purchased extenders but lets be honest, they suck so hard. Thank you for your time!

K

Kane Hewson

Ethernet over power adaptors are good

P

Paul Bellware

Set up a MoCa network. You can get an adapter for like 50 bucks. Hook it up to your coax and plug in to the back of your system with an Ethernet cable. Much better option than Powerline adapters.

R

Roy Brown

just get a huge ethnet cable to an wireless acess point router, down side is the walls

D

Daniel Porter

Run through drop ceiling if there is any or if you really don't want to run cable check out powerline adapters depending on how old the wiring is

T

Trabin Di'Antillies

If you link routers together to display the same connection, you can boost the signal. Anything over 100ft needs a signal boost for stable connection.

M

Marcus Dean Adams

If you bought the house then take the time to run some quality cable either through the walls or under the floor. Don't half ass it; do it right the first time and you'll be set for good.

A

Aaron Caskey

Well, decision has been made and 100meters of Cat6a cable has been purchased along with a snake, install on running fresh hardwire ethernet throughout my house will begin on Sunday.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom